Pillar Technology is looking for an Experience Architect to add to our growing team. The Experience Architect will collaborate with software developers, experience designers, product managers as well as a variety of stakeholders, to research, design and develop compelling digital experiences for our clients. Pillar Technology prides itself on being the premier provider of Digital Experience consulting and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advocate on behalf of the end user throughout research, design and development, working alongside developers, product managers, delivery leaders, analysts and other stakeholders who, may or may not have experience with a user-centered product development approach.
- Plan, conduct and moderate user research for clients, both qualitative and quantitative, and utilize research data generated from both primary and secondary sources.
- Synthesize research results into actionable insights and drive concept development including such methods as contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, persona and scenario development, and structured ideation.
- Work alongside software developers to use research to define and prioritize product requirements.
- Develop mockups, wireframes, and clickable prototypes for rapid, iterative design, using iterative testing methods to enhance usability and customer value during both design and development.
- Work alongside Experience Designers and Delivery Leaders to give direction and lead the planning of the experience team. Provide high-level direction for the development of a world-class digital experience.
- Bachelor's in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, or equivalent.
- 5+ years as a key member of a DX, UX or design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched digital products or applications.
- Knowledge and experience in ethnographic user research (contextual inquiry), usability, and UX design methods with a focus on human-computer interaction for digital products.
- Success in working with end-users, customers, product management, and developers.
- Ability to guide experience development with a multifunctional team and to adapt to changes in business, product, organization, or individual needs.
- Clear understanding of usability and web standards.
- Experience working with and conducting remote user testing, survey research, usability testing, task analysis, and heuristic reviews.
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating experience planning for mobile apps, web applications or software, ability to turn data into knowledge, and communicating in multifunctional team projects
- Demonstrated experience with design thinking, white board facilitation, research planning, prototyping, and user research.
- Competency with UI design standards, heuristic analyses/expert review, prototyping, and wireframing.
- Experience planning and conducting user research, including usability testing.
- Experience working with Agile teams, and creating artifacts such as personas, story maps, user stories, etc. and working within an iterative, agile culture.
- Experience with tools like Axure, Sketch, InvisionApp and other research, prototyping and/or information architecture tools desired.
- Portfolio with examples of user experience artifacts, creative process, user research and examples of end products and experiences desired.
Pillar Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workplace.