Visualization Tooling Engineer at Motional (Pittsburgh, PA)
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about developing high performance applications, and delivering quality software. You will be joining and contributing to the Visualization Tools Team who is responsible for designing, implementing, fielding and improving visualization tooling, log playback tooling, as well as all in-car operator displays for our safety drivers, vehicle operators, and test engineers.
Your team develops tools that are used to view data produced by the Motional self driving vehicles, as well as simulations. Your tools are critical to the autonomy developer building software as well as the operations team monitoring the vehicles performance. This team works closely with various software and and R&D teams to come up with custom and standard solutions to improve visualizations.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing software to enable the next generation of transportation.
- Use high performance 3D rendering and visualization frameworks bring the data from autonomous cars to life
- Designing and implementing Unit Testing for your code
- Integrating your tools with the Motional Autonomy Stack.
- Collaborating with designers, autonomy engineers, cloud engineers, and test engineers to deploy your tooling
- Assisting Developers, Test Engineers, simulation designers, and Vehicle Operators diagnosing issues in the autonomy stack
- Ride along on vehicle tests on closed course, and public roads
What we're looking for:
- BS or postgraduate degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer graphics/Visualization or Equivalent Knowledge and Work Experience.
- You are excited to be working on Autonomous Driving
- You are curious how we build the technology behind Autonomy
- Linux software development, and Git for version control.
- You should understand how to code, test, and extend high quality software products.
- You should understand how to code visualization tools for performance and maintainability
- If this position interests you and you feel that you meet much of what we require, please apply!
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience with full stack web development.
- Experience with Three.JS or WebGPU.
- Experience with one or more modern visualization, gaming and physics engines
- Exposure to NodeJs, Frontend frameworks(React/Vue), Cloud(AWS/Azure)
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay!
- We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Why you should join us:
- You will be working with cutting edge technology to solve one of today’s most important problems.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.