Our Component Engineering Team is searching for an experienced Systems Test Engineer to be responsible for the verification, validation, and testing of the safety critical sensors being used as a part of Motional's Autonomous Driving programs, control units and high performance control platforms.
You will be responsible for developing test plans, building and implementing test fixtures, performing and documenting tests, and deriving engineering and operational requirements.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement test plans and procedures for Autonomous Vehicle sensors, control units and high performance control platforms
- Design, build, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical test fixtures used in testing
- Develop tools and processes to repeatedly automate testing
- Create test cases to understand behavior, performance, and limitations of Autonomous Vehicle ECUs and sensors
- Perform testing activities on Autonomous Vehicle sensors in both lab setting and on-road vehicle environment
- Test a multiple layer of HW's and HW bring-up
- Documentation and reporting of test setup, test plans, and test results
- Failure analysis and debugging of degraded or failed ECUs and sensors
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of sensor-level test or integration experience for one or more of the following Autonomous Vehicle sensors: control units and high performance control platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle technology, and other vehicle systems such as CAN networks, ECUs etc.
- Electrical testing for ECU, High Computing Devices, Sensors
- PCB level testing and HW Bring-Up experience are a plus
- Root-cause analysis experience, particularly with automotive ECUs and sensors
- Experience with an issue-tracking and task management software platform such as JIRA, Polarion, Confluence, Testrail
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc) is a plus
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and multimeters is a plus
- Experience with environmental and/or shock/vibration testing and EMC
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.