Software Engineer, Core Onboard Software
The Core Onboard Software team at Motional provides a high-performance, production-grade platform for autonomous vehicle software. We work in a complex and growing software ecosystem where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly and cross-functional collaboration is essential.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with technical experts throughout the organization to deliver and optimize the software platform used by the autonomous driving stack.
- Enabling the distribution of operating system and application software updates across a fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Developing infrastructure that enables remote access to test benches at sites across the globe
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- Experience with C++14 or higher
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience supporting and monitoring production software
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience collaborating with System and Hardware Engineers
- Experience with Go
- Experience interacting with cloud storage APIs
- Familiarity with cyber security best practices around data transfer and storage
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.