Lead Security Engineer, Threat Intelligence and Investigations (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Security Engineer to lead the development of the Threat Intelligence Program, and support Security Operations Detection and Response efforts. You will have an excellent technical foundation, especially related to dark web actors, dark web data, APT strategy, Threat Intelligence, and malware analysis. You will have a passion for threat hunting, as well as investigating and responding to security incidents.
What you'll work on:
- Develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Threat Intelligence Program in collaboration with Operation leaders.
- Establish continuous intel operations to include proactive monitoring, collection, reporting, assessments, and mitigation techniques for threats.
- Research and respond to security events and emerging threats across the crypto ecosystem.
- Build tools and devise automation strategies to improve Circle’s ability to hunt threats.
- Develop detection techniques to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks across the environment.
- Respond to security incidents, perform investigations and communicate clearly and efficiently to stakeholders.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of work experience in intelligence, security operations, threat research, Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR), and/or related functions.
- Exposure to programming, scripting and query languages such as Python, Golang, bash, SQL.
- Knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain Framework and familiarity of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework.
- Experience thinking like the adversary, and to anticipate threat actors’ moves.
- Exposure to Malware analysis & reverse engineering.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams during high-stress situations.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order of priorities on the fly.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote