Lead Security Engineer, Cryptosystems Operations at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with a team to optimize and operate public key cryptosystems
- Perform user acceptance tests of the output of public key cryptosystems
- Document automated systems operations and manual support procedures
- Monitor system behavior, analyze results, and respond to events
- Recommend and develop detailed technical specifications for new and updated cryptosystems
What you'll work on:
- Daily monitoring and, as necessary, operation of cryptographic solutions
- Encryption key usage monitoring and lifecycle management
- Analyzing and validating data
- Lead or assist with information security projects and assessments
- Provide program reporting to management
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Familiarity with ERC-20 and contemporary token standards
- Familiarity with transaction settlement on Layer-1 and Layer 2 blockchains
- Familiarity with smart contract technologies
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; Equivalent experience also accepted
- Working knowledge of public and private key cryptography
- Comfort working with standards such as NIST 800-57, FIPS 140, and the work if the IETF PKIX Working Group, and PKCS Standards
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Python or similar scripting languages strongly preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish an order of priorities on the fly
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is desirable
- Certifications such as CISSP or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- Experience working on applications deployed within AWS desirable
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Minimum of 7 years of information security experience
- Prior experience in an operational security role is strongly preferred
- Experience threat modeling application systems and processes is desirable
- Auditing/assessment experience is desirable
- Some software development experience is desirable
You are the right person if you:
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow
- Want to work on mission-critical security projects
- Are curious by nature and looking for a challenge
- Have a passion for problem solving and cryptography
- Have a high degree of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote