Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a passionate Security Engineer with an expertise in Cryptography and deep understanding of different Blockchain technologies. You’ll be part of the Security Engineering team and closely partner with the Engineering teams responsible for the development of USDC.
What you'll work on:
- Actively partner with Engineering on the development of USDC.
- Evaluate new blockchain technologies and their capabilities.
- Develop and validate cryptographic implementations.
- Own and build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and auditors.
- Produce data-based reports on technology risk for senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Expertise with cryptography, blockchain technologies and the underlying fundamentals and mathematics.
- Extensive knowledge of secure encryption key storage methods and technologies required.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystems operating practices required.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security practices.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Ability to influence internal and external customers to expediently resolve issues and achieve organizational objectives.
- The ability to design and operate controls that are easy to test and audit.
- Experience working in an AWS environment desired.
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired.
- Advanced degree in cryptography, computer science, mathematics, or related fields strongly preferred.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable.
- 7+ years of experience as a security engineer or cryptography research with a minimum of two years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote