Data Platform Team Lead (Engineering Manager) at Motional
We are seeking a talented US Site Team Lead for our Data Platform team to help develop and roll out the next generation of our Data Platform. We are building a scalable compute platform that is used throughout the company, enabling a diverse set of teams to access data, extract meaningful automated metrics out of the data, and perform various ad-hoc analyses on the data. We deal with data on the Petabyte scale and provide critical functions to improve the development of a reliable AV by allowing various researchers and engineers to understand how the AV performs various tasks and scenarios in real world or simulated environments.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of software engineers and QAs to achieve goals, using suitable software engineering approach
- Building high performance data visualization tooling supporting web and desktop use cases
- Aligned with SG Data Platform Team, ensure all team members understand the team mission
- Communicate with stakeholders and other team leads and users in US side to identify requirements for the software product / product lines
- Design, build and maintain data platform for our autonomous vehicle fleet
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Take a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for mentoring
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience leading a team of software engineers with a proven track record of delivery of production grade systems.
- More than 2 years of technical leadership experience.
- Experience working with data pipelines hosted in cloud infrastructure (such as AWS)
- Experience with Serverless Architectures
- Expertise building data pipelines on large complex data sets using distributed processing system (such as Spark)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience building systems using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the babalyon.js engine or related technology
- Vue.js based UI frameworks or related technology
- MS, BS or BA in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant field
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, K8s and Terraform
- Experience with .NET core, Python, Golang
- Experience with large scale compute
- Experience with C++
- Experience working in cross-functional development teams
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning systems
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.