Senior Manager, IT at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior IT Manager who will assist with defining the strategy and be responsible for the proper execution and management of the IT Service Desk and Operations functions. This role supports the company by providing expertise, predictability, transparency, and oversight of IT Service Desk activities and IT daily Operations to address the IT support needs of the company.
What you'll work on:
- Manage the IT Service Desk support which entails timely and efficient initial end user contact, support request triage, first effort support, escalation to higher tiers, and ongoing daily operations of IT for existing and new end-user technologies.
- Actively and consistently lead efforts to simplify and enhance support processes and the customer experience.
- Manage system admins as part of Saas Ops to maintain security, reliability, and ongoing change management across all IT systems.
- Manage a team of direct reports (employees and/or contractors) providing supervision, scheduling, performance evaluations, and mentoring.
- Provide input for yearly IT budgeting needs and be responsible for managing the IT Service Desk’s direct budget.
- Manage, maintain, and purchase all end-user equipment and maintain appropriate stock with a 3-year rotation cycle on computers (laptops and desktops).
- Assist in developing and maintaining robust monitoring KPI’s to assess and measure the IT support process to identify areas of concern and drive continuous improvement.
- Support the corporate onboarding and off-boarding process with specific responsibilities for commissioning and reclamation of end-user equipment and stock management.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Minimum of 10 years of job-related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience.
- Strong knowledge in service desk processes and team management.
- Strong knowledge with using Help Desk or Service Desk software.
- Solid technical background (G Suite, Slack, Apple, Kandji).
- Experience working for a publicly traded company (SOX).
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently and highly self-motivated.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to understand legal and financial concepts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.