Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Do you want to lead a high-energy team focused on solving complex business problems with technology? Are you an innovator? Do you love to learn and thrive navigating new situations and environments? Come help us transform how regulatory information is managed in Life Sciences! Veeva’s Vault RIM suite is the industry’s only unified software solution that provides fully integrated regulatory information management (RIM) capabilities including data and document management, submission publishing, and archival on a single cloud-based platform.
Veeva Systems is looking for people who are intimate with the legacy business process and technologies used to author documents, build submissions and manage product registrations. We want people ready to challenge the status quo; ready to transform businesses.
Roll up your sleeves! As a key member of our Professional Services team, the Senior Consultant will work side by side with the customers. You will drive the effort to understand the customers’ global regulatory needs, translate requirements into solution design, and define global strategies for deploying our cloud-based solution across the enterprise.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Lead software implementation projects at life sciences companies ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs
- Lead the solution design for how your customer will implement and use the Vault Regulatory suite (Vault Registrations, Vault Submissions, Vault Submissions Archive, Vault Publishing)
- Lead requirements workshops, design, prototype, configure and document content management/registration data solutions
- Architect multi-year and multi-phased implementation programs to deploy Vault RIM across an organization globally
- Program and project management including resource planning, leading and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Primary customer liaison managing communication between the project team, customer, and internal stakeholders
- Mentor project team and junior consultants in the R&D Services organization
- Work closely with business and IT staff from the clients to understand their requirements. Think critically to help them design the solution they actually need; not just the solution they think they need
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement lifecycle
- 10+ years experience working with life sciences companies
- System implementation experience either as a consultant, business, or IT representative for at least one of the following systems: Document Management (Documentum, OpenText, Sharepoint), Registration Data Tracking Systems, XEVMPD, IDMP, SPL, eCTD
- Labeling, Submission Publishing and/or Viewing systems
- In-depth knowledge of drug development processes and regulatory submissions
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and formal presentation
- Influential; experience leading teams through hard decisions and negotiating compromises
- Technical abilities and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a RIM solution
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- You may reside anywhere in the US with easy access to an airport. Ability to travel 40-70%
- 4-year degree required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with systems such as Veeva Vault, PAREXEL/ LIQUENT InSight, CSC Regulatory Tracker, ArisGlobal Register, OpenText, SharePoint, Documentum, FirstDoc/FirstPoint, NextDocs, CARA, Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, SAP, Lorenz Docubridge, Extedo eCTD Manager, Master Control, Trackwise, other regulatory information management or submission publishing systems, etc.
- Consulting experience, working with a major system integrator or software vendor
- Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Operations or Pharmacovigilance background
- Knowledge of Medical Device and Diagnostics regulatory processes, data, and content
- PMP certification
- Execution experience with Agile methodology and/or ACP Certification
- Life Science, computer science, or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (NJ; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
Read Full Job Description