Principal Consultant, GRC, Proactive Services (Unit 42) - Remote at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
- Assist Unit 42 Consulting Leadership in the development of Risk Management, Compliance, and Security standards within professional services
- Industry knowledge of and experience with cybersecurity best practices within Governance Risk and Compliance to provide recommendations to proactively improve our client’s security posture and maturity
- Lead or support cybersecurity risk assessments, audits, program and policy maturation and development, incident response tabletop exercises, configuration reviews, breach readiness reviews, and expert witness cases in accordance with industry best practices, regulations, standards, and company policies and procedures
- The ability to work across multiple frameworks and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, NIST CSF, CIS20, ISO, GDPR, CCPA, NYDFS, SOX, and HIPAA
- Manage team, monitor progress, track budget, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes while defining potential impacts and creating an effective mitigation strategy for multiple projects at a given time
- Skilled at proactively identifying security risks and vulnerabilities while eliminating cybersecurity threats via stakeholder interviews, documentation review, and deep-dive testing and control validation
- Ensure client controls meet legal, regulatory, privacy, policy, standards and security requirements
- Effectively write and communicate audit, assessment, or compliance results, findings, and recommendations to stakeholders
- Effectively and efficiently communicate to external stakeholders in a professional manner
- Ability to scope new opportunities with prospective clients, including drafting statements of work and proposals
- Ability to perform travel requirements as needed to meet business demands (on average ~30%)
- 6-9+ years of experience performing information security and risk assessments based upon industry-accepted standards
- Former professional services and consulting experience preferred
- Experience managing a team of consultants
- Experience with GRC tools, technology, and implementation
- Experience with security assessments/audits, drafting findings and recommendations, and
- prioritizing recommendations via quantitative risk scoring
- Demonstrate a track record in strengthening existing and developing new client relationships
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or equivalent years of professional experience to meet job requirements and expectations
Unit 42 Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $151,400/yr - $189,200/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.