Weekend Customer Support Associate at Lessen, formerly SMS Assist (Phoenix, AZ)
Who We Are
At SMS Assist, we're not just in the business of fixing properties-we're fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work-both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn't only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes' Cloud 100 list, Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain's Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers' livelihoods are in our hands-think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We're innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We're community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We're passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
What we do
Let's say a resident has a leaky pipe. That resident can submit a work order request through an app using their smart phone, the website using a desktop computer, or by calling in the request and speaking to one of our customer service representatives. After the work order has been created, our Dispatch Team will qualify the work order, then send it to a qualified plumber. The work order then moves over to our Follow Up Team who will "follow" along with the work order to ensure the leaky pipe gets fixed in a timely manner and the resident is kept updated along the way.
- Replying to messages from vendors, clients, and residents, and then taking actions in order to move a work order towards completion (40%)
- Outbound phone calls to vendors to confirm they have capacity and can complete the job within the required timeframe (20% of day)
- Outbound resident communications via phone, email, and text (20% of day)
- Work order qualification checking for duplicates, vendor warranties, client direction, and resident responsibility (10% of day)
- Inbound calls from residents, vendors, and the client (5% of day)
- Team meetings with a fun team building activity, open forum to ask questions, and review of policy and procedure updates (5% of day)
What we're looking for
- Critical thinking skills
- Fast-paced decision making, ability to complete 100-120 follow up tasks per day
- Attention to detail and adherence to policies and procedures as measured by a weekly quality assurance check
- Resourceful, know when to reference our internal knowledge base for client-specific business rules, as well as when to reach out to management and other departments for guidance
- High level of care for our partners; residents, clients, and vendors
- Ability to adapt to change on a weekly basis due to client needs or updates to our technology
- Education Level - High school diploma required, Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred
Benefits of working at SMS Assist
- Monthly performance-based incentives
- Additional High Achiever incentive program
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K)
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.