Manager, Customer Support at Justworks (Tampa Bay, FL)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a leader on our Customer Support team, you will be responsible for guiding our Customer Success Representatives as they expertly handle a high volume of customer inquiries across multiple channels. In this role, you will focus on maintaining high quality work and achieving customer SLAs as the company and our customer base grows. Along the way, it's key that you collect and prioritize common requests and needs from our customers and their employees to help Justworks improve.
We are looking for a hands-on leader, who will think and act both strategically and tactically, to drive the team’s engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle. You should be enthusiastic and a creative individual with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing individual team members.
The shift schedule for this position is 11am-8pm EST M-F.
Please note: If hired, you will be expected to attend training [paid] from 9am-6pm EST Monday-Friday for approximately 4 weeks prior to moving over to your shift schedule.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Lead a team of Customer Success Representatives who assist our customers with inbound support inquiries across multiple channels
- Obsess over customer satisfaction and set clear expectations for what successful customer interactions look like
- Handle general management responsibilities, such as leading regular team meetings, generating weekly metrics reports, and conducting periodic performance reviews
- Consistently coach and develop your team to provide service excellence and guide them as they grow in their career
- Serve as an escalation point to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner; while working with internal stakeholders to expedite resolution
- Own and publish key metrics for your team, such as response time, CSAT, productivity, and agent occupancy
- Work closely with our Training team to successfully onboard and ramp new employees
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Manager of Customer Support, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution Oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Curious - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done
- Builds an Effective Team - Building a strong-identity team that applies their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops Talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals through effective performance management, candid feedback and coaching conversations
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a people management role
- Passion for helping customers and colleagues
- Proven experience with mentoring and coaching fellow team members
- Proficiency with CRM and communication platforms (Zendesk, Talkdesk, JIRA, etc)
- Ability to identify service trends and present a path to resolve them
- Genuine desire to improve the quality of service we provide as well as the experience of our team members
- Superior customer support skills and comfort handling challenging situations over the phone - ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload
- PEO, payroll, benefits, or SaaS experience preferred
- Excited to be a part of a team that supports customers 24/7
The base wage range for this position based in our Tampa Office is targeted at $83,515.00 to $91,866.50 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEIB Report and Our DEI Commitment