Information technology, or IT, is the utilization of computers, networking, data storage and connected devices, along with the infrastructure and processes involved, to facilitate business or administrative solutions. IT professionals are required to have deep knowledge of how devices are connected, not only understanding best practices to ensure success across organizations, but also creating new and innovative solutions specific to a company's given infrastructure.
What are four basic concepts of information technology?
- Information security, computer technical support, business software development and database and network management are four core IT concepts.
Information technology is the use of any computer-based technology that discerns its value from data. Accordingly, there are several different technological areas that IT encompases. The four most basic and primary elements involving the use of all information technology include: information security, computer technical support, business software development and database and network management.
- Information security involves all software and hardware implemented to protect the integrity of the organization’s data. Anti-malware protection, firewalls, encryption, authentication and physical security solutions all fall into this category.
- Computer technical support includes the upkeep of devices within the enterprise environment, including device troubleshooting, repairs, replacements, individual device security, equipment upgrades and infrastructural maintenance.
- Business software development includes the creation of software applications that allow the enterprise to fulfill business goals in an efficient manner. Though software development responsibilities may be delegated to the engineering department in many organizations, IT leaders will still be responsible for implementing the software within devices and infrastructure while ensuring the software meets business needs.
- Database and network management includes the creation, implementation and maintenance of hardware and software by engineers and IT staff to enable connectivity between devices and the enterprise’s internal and external network. The ability to access and extract information from databases is also included within this category, as well as digital permission settings that allow only authorized users to access individual pieces of data within a database.