Technology Portfolio Operations Director / Business Manager (Wilmington, NC)
The Business Manager (BM) and Portfolio Lead (PL) US is accountable for all optimization aspects of the team as well as program and project optimization for the Home Lending and Auto Technology portfolio, impacting programs and projects across multiple CIO portfolios. Amongst the responsibilities are: wholly accountable for defining, establishing, and ensuring delivery of the technology program/project delivery strategy and action plans for all US-impacting Technology projects. In addition, the candidate will be the principal owner and point of contact for all facets of technology project delivery, focused on the on-time, on-budget and on-scope delivery of programs, projects and initiatives, also accountable for ensuring proper financial management of all technology projects in their portfolio, providing financial transparency to CTOs, their teams, and business partners. The incumbent must have a clear understanding of the businesses requirements as it pertains to servicing the technology needs of the US business.
The BM/PL directs the activities of program and project management resources delivering work within their portfolio and leads these resources in a matrix, multi-geography environment.
The incumbent will also work with the US CTO, other assigned CTO and US Heads to shape the strategic direction of the team to ensure technology systems, applications, and processes meet current and future business needs.
Support the CIO in running all aspects of the organization including special projects, reporting to executives, coordinating across the group for diverse tasks, MBR, QBR.
- Strategize, implement, and oversee processes for increased productivity and growth
- Design daily operational programs that achieve organizational objectives
- Manage employee activities, providing suitable resources
- Establish and grow relationships with relevant partners
- Establish cost parameters and manage overall P&L for organization
Oversee the completion of projects by providing appropriate approvals, guidance, and resources
- Identify and analyze project risk, using available information to support business recommendations and change management -- identifying actions / items to mitigate risk
- Monitor the results, effectiveness, and overall quality of the project services offered
- Lead efforts to continually improve the actual and perceived "return on investment" of technology projects.
- Make judgments regarding the ongoing viability of a project plan based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget, schedule and scope
- Take full accountability for distressed projects and lead required project recovery services
- Assume and execute "hands on" leadership roles for critical US-specific programs where required by the VP & Head, Technology PMO, CIOs, or Group Executive. Provide US-specific program/project management expertise where required to ensure success for the bank's most strategic initiatives.
- Assess the impact of BMO Technology projects and initiatives and procedures and make adjustments to internal operations as necessary to improve performance of development and support teams
- Supervises activities of the organization by adopting operational plans, supervising all daily activities, strives to keep the business productive, efficient and organized at all times.
- Understand financial requirements and work with Finance to provide financial analysis, planning and forecasting to identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats, and develop recommendations for plans to address within the Portfolio
- Provide ongoing monitoring of results to the US CTO and Head Technology PMO to assist in assuring objectives are being met, recommending actions as required to remain on track
- Act as a liaison with Finance for T&O leaders, where appropriate for project-related investments that impact US business or technology
- Possesses advanced knowledge and 10+ years of experience in business management, project and program management, including managing large-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and value with high ris k
- Software development life cycle
- Agile / Scrum
- Possesses a university degree and/or 10+ years relevant work experience
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
- Exhibits a strong working knowledge of core Operations optimization leadership competencies including knowledge of the business environment and products, understanding of the workings of the organization and procedures, and proficiency in the use of standards/tools and methodologies, as achieved either by direct operations experience or industry equivalent experience.
- Demonstrates experience in building optimization office structures and operations
- Expert knowledge of organizational change management
- Strong knowledge of US regulatory requirements as it applies to financial services
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills which results in proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Expert change leadership and change management skills
- Expert risk management skills
- Applies an appropriate depth of perception, discernment and judgment to effectively direct a program in a changing and evolving environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, capable of balancing multiple perspectives, effective at all levels up to senior executive
- Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or of technologies. Ability to connect programs/projects to broader organizational goals and grasp the key performance drivers of business partners
- Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at senior executive levels
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment. Seeks opportunities to improve business outcomes
- Exemplary core program and project management skills including multiple aspects of Agile.
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of program management methodologies (e.g. Prince 2) and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve consumers, small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.