Systems Coordinator (Detroit, MI)
Job Number: 60224
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: MPT Sterling Heights
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: STERLING HEIGHTS
Advancing mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, and safer, while still fun to drive. And making it for everyone. That's what we're passionate about at Magna Powertrain. We do it by creating world-class powertrain solutions for conventional, hybrid, and pure electric vehicles. We're making electrification more than a buzzword, we're bringing it to the road. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
Objectives and Scope
Supports all departments to strengthen existing systems which promote a lean zero defect manufacturing process which engages all employees at all levels of the organization. Be the subject matter specialist, able to interpret requirements and translate them into functional policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure full compliance to all requirements. Coordinates between external certification bodies, Magna, customers, other applicable standards and our internal departments and support groups. All aspects and functions involved in production of quality parts in a safe environment and in compliance with all requirements of Magna, external bodies, Magna's customers and shareholders.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an efficient, easy to use Business operations system complying with all requirements to prevent waste and engage all employees
- Maintain all standards and documents per internal and external requirements including but not limited to CRS's, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Mafact and other applicable standards
- Perform proper problem solving for all systemic root causes found in internal and external problem solving activities
- Continuous improvement and benchmarking of MPTSH systems
- Facilitate RPN reduction activities
- Schedule LPA's maintain required LPA metrics, bin results and drive for solutions to detected problems.
- Perform internal audits and LPA audits.
- Plan and facilitate the execution of all internal and external audits. Follow up on findings and actively facilitate the corrective actions to any finding or opportunity for improvements
- Provide administrative support for Quality and Engineering Departments
- Maintain KMI's for Quality and Engineering Departments
- Maintain KMI Boards in all facilities for all required and posted KMI's
- Document control for all departments. Maintain documentation and records as required by customers, Magna and governmental regulations.
- Support the APQP process for new programs.
- Monitoring and driving the timely disposition of Quality and Engineering materials on hold
- Setup and maintenance of a system to manage all requirements for part retention requirements
- Understanding all requirements and standards, interpret them into effective system and be the coach to all employees in understanding the requirements and our systems
- Ensure all customer systems are maintained (Examples, certifications, contact information, training requirements...)
- Ensure Managers are informed of any issues of concern and escalate to ensure timely correction of issues.
- Organize and review the evidence of internal Quality Alerts.
- Completes Time & Attendance tasks as required on time.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities, submits regularly improvement suggestions as required.
- Must understand and comply with all system requirements
- Provides structured training classes on all systems training, updates and changes
Education and Experiences Required
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting or technical field preferred or minimum of 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment and quality systems. Must be a results-oriented team player, effective at problem solving and project planning/organizing, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high energy level and good attention to detail. Worked in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment. Ability to set priorities and multitask projects. Able to work hours required to comply with deadlines and to support corrective actions when they are needed. Knowledge and understanding of the following: PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Gage R & R, Supplier Qualification, Certification Systems, Quality Systems IATF 16949, ISO17025, Customer quality interface and reporting requirements, Interpretation of technical drawings and specifications, Calibration systems, Corrective Action and Preventive Action is preferred. Need to understand and be able to teach 8 wastes and 5S mythology preferred. Certification as Internal Auditor to IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO14001 preferred. Training certificates for structured problem solving, AIAG Core Tools and APQP preferred.
Additional Skills Required
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, Standards, specifications or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, presentations, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Good written and verbal communication skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, sing whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient on the computer, including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Proficient in using and developing Microsoft PowerPoint. Proficient with VISIO. Proficient in using Microsoft Project Management and Adobe tools preferred. CMS/AS400 knowledge preferred.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit