Maven is the world's largest virtual clinic for women and families on a mission to make healthcare work for all of us. Maven's award-winning digital programs provide clinical, emotional, and financial support all in one platform, spanning fertility & family building, maternity & newborn care, parenting & pediatrics, and menopause. Employers and health plans trust Maven's end-to-end platform to improve clinical outcomes, reduce healthcare costs, and provide equity in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has raised $300 million in funding from top healthcare and technology investors including General Catalyst, Oak HC/FT, Sequoia, Dragoneer Investment Group, and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission - Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 30 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built In Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
About the Role
As a staff level Data Engineer at Maven Clinic, you will be responsible for driving the technical vision and roadmap for our Data Engineering and Data Platform teams. You will lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of a performant and cost efficient data pipelines (both batch and streaming), as well as contribute to the overall Maven data architecture, with the goal of expanding our data warehouse functionality and uplevel the data analytics and machine learning capabilities. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality data sets and features, that empower our key business and product decision makings, and eventually lead to Maven's growth and customer success.
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of highly performant and cost efficient data pipelines
- In partnership with data platform and backend teams, contribute to the architecture design of a highly scalable and reliable data systems
- Collaborate with product and service engineers in reviewing the modeling of the source datasets, guiding the holistic data vision between various data systems
- Drive technical design discussions in all related data domains and provide guidance to team members on best practices, coding standards, and architecture principles.
- Mentor and guide and mid-level data engineers, helping to develop their technical skills and cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies, tools, and trends that can drive innovation and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our data engineering processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data engineering or relevant backend development, with a proven track record of building highly scalable, performant, and reliable data pipelines.
- Extensive experience in using SQL or similar data processing language to process and analyze data
- Extensive experience with data modeling for large distributed data warehouses (or a similar cloud based) solutions, is able to discuss in-depth about general principles and trade-offs of different modeling approaches.
- Hands-on experience with one of the workflow orchestration tools (eg. Apache Airflow)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional business partners, especially with teams outside of the engineering group
- Working proficiency in one of the programming languages (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Product mindset to embrace business needs and produce scalable data/engineering solutions
- Experience leading technical design discussions and providing guidance on best practices, coding standards, and architecture principles.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a proven ability to deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced environment.
At Maven Clinic, we are committed to building a world-class digital healthcare platform that empowers women and families to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. If you are a seasoned engineer with a passion for building scalable, performant, and reliable systems, and want to make a real impact in the world of healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $195,000 - $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g [email protected]). Maven Clinic will never ask for sensitive information to be delivered over email or phone. If you receive a scam issue or a security issue involving Maven Clinic please notify us at: [email protected] . For general and additional inquiries, please contact us at [email protected] .