Senior Marketing Operations Manager (Strategy & Planning)
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
We’re hiring a Senior Marketing Operations Manager (Strategy & Planning) to help us grow dbt into a globally recognized and loved software brand. This role will be a critical partner to the Marketing organization for leading strategic planning and generating insights that drive Marketing performance. This includes building forecasts for our Managed and Self Serve businesses, establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for our various marketing team members, managing our marketing budget, and making data driven recommendations on future investments. In addition to Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Operations Manager will work closely with our Finance, Data, RevOps, and Sales teams.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with Finance and Data team to establish forecasts and targets for our Enterprise business. This includes Leads, MQLs, SQLs, SALs, and Managed ARR
- Work with Finance and Data team to establish forecasts and targets for our Self-Serve business. This includes Web Traffic, Sign Ups, Onboarded/Activated Accounts, Self-Serve ARR
- Establish KPIs for our marketing team members that align to business outcomes. Setup reporting on progress to these goals.
- Manage our Marketing Budget across teams (Brand Marketing, Revenue Marketing, PMM, etc.) Run reporting on spend efficiency to provide recommendations for budget allocation based on campaign performance and ROI analysis)
- Run Bi-Weekly regional pipeline meetings and represent Mops in Leads Review Meeting
- Create Monthly Self-Serve/Managed Performance Updates and Quarterly Board Reporting
- Build powerful, executive level reporting to enable effective decision making
- Monitor marketing KPI performance, conduct deep dives into marketing performance, and look for trends that will help to guide decision making on marketing strategy. Present and story tell key takeaways and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Provide data-driven insights across digital marketing channels (Paid search, SEO, Paid & Organic social, etc.) and make recommendations for improvements.
You are a good fit if you:
- 5+ years of experience in Revenue/Marketing/Sales Operations
- Experience with marketing forecasting and modeling
- Familiarity with various marketing data platforms, including Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Ad Platforms, Search Console, Salesforce, and other marketing data tools.
- Annual planning experience, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Expert in Data processing and Visualizations (Power BI, Looker, Tableau or Others)
- Experience with various methods of marketing attribution modeling (Multi-Touch, MMM, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze complex data sets, draw meaningful insights, and provide actionable recommendations to support marketing decision-making
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales processes, methodologies, and tools, with a proven track record of success in developing & implementing standards for marketing and sales excellence
- Salary: $153,000 - $207,000
- Equity Stake*
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package.
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Working session
- Team Interviews
- Final Interview with one of our Values Carriers
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 33,000 companies using dbt every week, 100,000 practitioners in the dbt Community, and 3,850 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter.
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK