Pax8 is the leading cloud-based technology marketplace, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving thousands of partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best.
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate, so we don’t look for the right "fit" – instead, we look for the add. We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you’re a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
Position Summary: As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer at Pax8, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cybersecurity systems, ensuring the highest levels of protection against cyber threats. You will work alongside a dynamic team and leverage your extensive experience to deploy cloud security solutions, assess vulnerabilities, develop security strategies, and lead incident response efforts.
- Cybersecurity Strategy - Develop and implement comprehensive cybersecurity strategies that align with industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and specific client needs.
- Implement security tools to support our security architecture, including but not limited to, email security, cloud security, identity system and endpoint security.
- Work with vendors and partners to take full advantage of systems, services, and support options available to the business. Participate in engagements to expand upon current platforms and explore new ones that may meet business requirements.
- Create new and update existing documentation regarding security related platforms.
- Coordinate and maintain security toolsets to support Pax8’s continuous monitoring of our enterprise and cloud environments.
- Documentation - Maintain detailed documentation of security configurations, incident reports, and procedures.
- Incident Management – Provide technical leadership and coordination for security incidents, including as a part of an after-hours coverage rotation.
- Team Collaboration - Collaborate with the IT department, other engineers, and third-party vendors to align security measures with business needs.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing cybersecurity solutions, with at least 8 years in a security role.
- Understanding of cloud security and identity management in cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity best practices, the threat landscape, and emerging trends.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively convey complex security concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and the capability to mentor and guide junior cybersecurity professionals.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with industry advancements.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $113,000 or more depending on experience
#LI-Remote #LI-AG1 #BI-Remote #DICE-A
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.