Who We Are
Babylist is the leading digital destination for growing families. For over a decade, Babylist has been the technology solution for expecting parents and the community that supports them, expanding from baby registry into a full-service platform that helps parents make decisions with confidence, stay connected and build happy and healthy families. Every year Babylist helps over 9M people make purchases through its registry, app, ecommerce shop and comprehensive product guides. The Babylist ecosystem now includes Babylist Health, which provides access to products and services including insurance-covered breast pumps, Expectul, a new voice in health and wellness for pre-pregnancy through postpartum care, and The Push, a branded content studio that works with the biggest companies in the baby space. With over 59M monthly pageviews and 1.2M TikTok followers, Babylist is a generational brand leading the $88 billion baby product industry. To learn more about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content and more, visit www.babylist.com
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What the Role Is
The Data Team at Babylist powers data-driven decision making through all aspects of the company’s business. We are a product function with a strong focus on 3 core aspects of data -- engineering, analysis, and data science. We are looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to correctly model and build our data models & standards. This work and the role is foundational for our team and strategic for our business.
You are a dedicated professional whose interests lie on the cusp of data modeling and reporting. You like getting things done and building them right. You will work cross-functionally with our product managers, analysts, data engineers, and business functions.
As one of our first Analytics Engineers, you will be joining a growing data team at Babylist and will directly shape the data vision for the company through your work. You will hone your craft as a data professional while working on our state-of-the-art data stack.
Our Tech Stack
Who You Are
- 4+ years hands-on experience of delivering clean data sets to end users
- Solid experience with dimensional modeling and data modeling in general
- A strong knowledge & experience in writing SQL
- Strong familiarity with tooling such as dbt, snowflake, git
- Love to apply software engineering best practices to analytics code (ie: version control, testing, CI)
How You Will Make An Impact
- Provide clean, transformed data ready for business users
- Use dbt to build out a common data layer
- Train business users on how to use data visualization tools
- Work closely with analysts to translate key metrics into reusable models
- Build and own internal documentation & definitions of our data
- Partner with internal groups to design reporting models for their needs
- Data Quality, Monitoring and SLA
- Implement data standards across the organization
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is $136,743.00- $205,218.00
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All of our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@babylist.com), instant messaging platforms or unsolicited calls.