Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a VP of Partnerships who can build, facilitate and drive new partner acquisition to support our global revenue goals. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the individual in this role will be responsible for the P&L from the partner program while also leading an international team, focused on accelerating growth via partners. You will set the strategy and priorities for the team, ensuring the strategy is aligned with marketing, sales & finance leadership.
You will also partner with DO’s Product, Marketing and Corporate Development teams, supporting the inorganic (acquisition and partnership) strategy and roadmap for DO.
The candidate should be a seasoned Channel & Alliances professional with direct experience working in the Cloud industry, specifically IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Key responsibilities will include identifying appropriate partners to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships and establishing new business in those accounts.
If you are a high performing business development leader looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.What You'll Be Doing:
- Working across product, marketing, sales and local regional leadership to define partnership strategy and priorities
- Structure, negotiate and close strategic partnerships agreements
- Prospect organizations who fit DO’s partner profile, identify decision makers, build a partner pipeline and generate strong interest for DO’s infrastructure
- Leading and managing a team of partner management professionals to ensure partnerships are executed, set-up for success and managed on an on-going basis
- Working with product, engineering and marketing teams to secure resources and prioritization for partner success. Partnering with finance, customer support, legal and analytics teams to enable partnership execution
- Establishing key KPIs and success measures for the partnerships team; based on a clear strategy and business model. Tracking progress against the partnerships teams goals and hitting critical targets
- Identifying and growing talent on your team to continually raise the talent bar at DO
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a partner development/sales environment
- Strong network/relationships and ability to build strategic relationships
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with top Corporate Executives
- Well-developed skills in strategic and quantitative analysis, project management, and negotiation
- Ability to work independently to identify, evaluate, generate new business opportunities, and drive them to closure
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, be self-motivated, manage teams and supervise outside professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence. Open and highly collaborative, ability to partner well with multiple cross-functional teams
- Success leading and developing high performing teams
- Be curious and ask questions
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!