Underwriting Business Development Vendor Manager - Property & Casualty (Remote) at Verisk
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Our Verisk Strategic Alliances business is thriving! We are seeking an experienced and professional Business Development Manager to build business with Software/ Technology/ Consulting vendors in the P&C markets and manage licensing and contracts with other consultants. You'll work to protect our intellectual property, maximize opportunity for revenue, and enhance products and services for our customers. This non-commission role benefits from broad exposure to various departments, product and services and personnel.
- Manage a consultative sales/business development process to successfully generate leads and close opportunities involving the sale of risk decision information, analytics, products and services focused on the underwriting and policy administration discipline within the insurance carrier environment to consulting companies, software and technology vendors and others, as applicable
- Assist with the administration of the Consulting Agreement Process with 3rd party vendors and consulting companies
- Assist with administering amendments to insurer contracts when working with 3rd party vendors
- Draft and negotiate contracts and licenses as necessary
- Work with various levels of management and departments including: Law Department, Business and Product areas, Customer Service, Sales, Finance
- Network to create opportunities to offer new and expanded products and services to vendors who service the Insurance industry and other industries as applicable
- Properly and accurately maintain sales pipeline revenue forecasts
- Maintain positive relationships and help to ensure the satisfaction of existing client vendors for the purpose of maintaining or growing their revenue base with ISO/Verisk
- Participate in the research, design and implementation of new products and services that meet customer needs
- Assist Relationship Managers and Team in executing on its goals
- Research market and industry trends
- College degree and/or equivalent and 5-7 years’ work experience
- Underwriting experience is a plus
- Sales/marketing experience preferable with solutions and services to policy administration, software, technology, and consulting vendors servicing property and casualty insurers
- Experience with licenses, contracts, and negotiations.
- Familiarity with ISO forms, loss costs, rules and various underwriting products preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, negotiation, organizational, research and analytical skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers including handling and effectively documenting ongoing status of difficult and complex customer issues and related sales engagement and other projects as assigned.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft software products including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and One Note.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Approx. 5% travel (including overnight travel) may be involved.
- Must be able to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice