Sr Sales Operations Manager; Systems & Tools
* Salesforce experience is required
Block is a renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Doing a home renovation is a very stressful and hard process. Our mission is to give homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in, and to give contractors a better way to work.
Block simplifies the process and gives homeowners certainty on outcomes, quality, price, and time.
We are building an ambitious, tenacious, and creative team who is unafraid of tackling new challenges. The founders are former leaders at Casper, HuffPost, and Rent the Runway. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can both manage and improve our current Sales Ops infrastructure. This role will be a key leader in the national growth of the organization and an integral part of the team’s scale and productivity, working cross functionally to ensure our systems and tools are supporting various parts of the business.
The mission of this role is to design, own and optimize the full sales tech-stack across various departments and full own Salesforce management to deliver best in class data integrity and sales productivity.
Example responsibilities (near term):
- Salesforce & Systems Architecture:
- Create and implement new processes and follow through by operationalizing those ideas into a streamlined framework
- Help assess, define, and implement the proper Salesforce infrastructure and solutions to support our scaling sales teams
- Scope out requirements and manage projects and timelines for each systems initiative
- Optimize the current sales tech stack including improving the workflows currently in place with Salesforce and owning the diligence, selection and implementation of additional platforms
- Support the sales team using our designated CRM with process improvement, measurement, tracking and analytics relevant to their functional areas
- Sales Team Support & Reporting:
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales funnel and operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business; define and deliver techniques to improve the funnel performance for sales management
- Track and analyze key metrics including pipeline growth, win/loss rates, and quota attainment
- Understand end to end business processes, flow of data within and between processes, and recommend process improvements for better forecasting, territory planning, and compensation strategies
- Provide accurate, real-time visibility of team performance across leadership within the organization and further identify areas of opportunity to improve efficiency long term
- Assist with on-boarding and training new sales talent
- Revenue Ops:
- Manage sales quotas and compensation for team of ~40 sales executives
- Help design and iterate on compensation plans
- Manage book sizes and territories across the sales and business development teams to ensure equitability
- Growth Marketing > Sales Support:
- Experience with ESP providers and SalesForce connection to enable email marketing and proper segmentation
- Ideate on ways to segment leads to enable marketing to collect proper data and implement specific messaging to each segment
- Understand and connect the dots between marketing and sales data and performance
- Salesforce experience required
- Prior experience leading a team is required
- Highly ambitious and goal-oriented
- Early start up experience preferred
- Salesforce (SFDC) Architecture; Certified Technical Architect or Certified Developer or willingness to obtain certification upon hire
- Ability to build for long term, but also able to find efficient short-term means
- Analytical and data-driven
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally across product, engineering, finance and marketing teams
- Knowledge of SQL strongly preferred
- Track record of CRM implementation and transitions at small stage growth startups or business alike
- Early stage equity
- Hybrid or Remote work schedules
- Flexible PTO and company holidays
- One Medical Membership
- Inclusive Health/ Dental/ Vision
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
Problems are our fuel.
Be tenacious and calm.
Save money and time where we should.
Speed is our advantage.