About the role:
The Papaya leadership team is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Partner Development to drive the acquisition and implementation of new strategic partners, who provide access to multiple biller businesses and platforms within North America. This role presents the opportunity to work with an emerging company in a challenging and dramatically evolving sales environment. The individual will be primarily focused on identifying and driving sales growth in key verticals, including, but not limited to healthcare, government & utility, education, field services, and B2B.
The Individual will work closely in a cross-functional start-up environment with Papaya leadership, including Finance, Operations, Product Management/Development and Marketing. The successful candidate will be responsible for building multi-dimensional bill payment strategies, go-to-market, business goals and objectives, and identify future-state opportunities where both Papaya and the strategic partner prospect can collaborate to increase the overall bill payment capabilities within the partnership.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage targeted pipeline where you understand the partners’ needs, pain points while understanding core priorities – drive urgency to get deals moving through the sales funnel.
- Define and own overall partnership strategy and go-to-market, including complex deal structure and contract negotiations while driving towards overall success ensuring business outcomes from the partnership to be realized for Papaya and the partner.
- Employing superior negotiation and communication abilities as an influencer while embodying unquestionable integrity and trust.
- Foster strategic relationships with partners and their customers where necessary - build relationships with potential partners’ senior management to drive trust, confidence, loyalty, awareness and mutual benefit.
- Work collaboratively across teams inside Papaya to drive solutions to market, including account management, program/go-to-market design, product management, and overall successful support of a strategic partner.
- Drive for results; bias towards action.
What you can bring:
- The right candidate will ideally possess 4+ years of business development, enterprise sales, and account management experience, preferably in a fast-paced fin-tech environment.
- Knowledge of payment processing, credit card acquiring, and how payment processing directly impacts a prospects business environment. Ideal knowledge of core players in the payment processing environment.
- Exceptional communication and consultative sales skills with a core focus of Papaya’s core mission and overall business success.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated individual with a proven track record in sales and business development to help meet the company’s objectives and business targets.
- Ability to think and work creatively to develop unique joint value-propositions for prospects.
- Enjoys working a highly nuanced and dramatically evolving strategic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, commerce, marketing, or a related field.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- A passion for Papaya’s core mission and values (driving impact, customer-centric, entrepreneurial focused, data-drive, and diversity & inclusion).
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal of alleviating the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is composed of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Acrew Capital and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2021 and 2022! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.