Senior Manager, Sales Operations at Knoetic (Remote)
Knoetic (rhymes with “poetic”!) has built the world’s #1 social network of Chief People Officers, which includes the CPOs of Lyft, Dropbox, Bumble, and 1,000+ more. And we’ve built a people analytics platform used by most of the hypergrowth tech companies of our generation, including Figma, Calm, Discord, Mural, and Benchling.
But what’s really exciting is what’s to come - delivering the grand vision of a people “decision engine” that (a) helps companies make better decisions on compensation, diversity, retention, and more, and (b) helps employees make better decisions about their career.
You have to see it for yourself :)
We’re a rapidly growing Series A company backed with $20MM from legendary investors like Accel, NYT bestselling author Adam Grant, and 100+ founders and executives from companies like Mozilla, Heap, Google, Pinterest, and more. You can read more about Knoetic here.
We’re hiring a Senior Manager of Sales Operations to supercharge our Sales team. You will report to our Head of Sales and work with our Sales team to support top Chief People Officers in the world. You will play a critical role in developing processes and analytics to drive key decision-making within the Sales organization while tackling challenging business problems and supporting change and innovation within Knoetic. This will be a career-defining role and will offer you significant opportunities for growth.
What you'll do
Within your first week you'll have the opportunity to:
- Onboard and learn more about the company’s mission, culture, and values. You’ll write a user manual so others can understand how to best work with you
- Attend Knoetic training sessions on the Knoetic platform, our upcoming product roadmap, and attend customer and sales calls to learn more about our users.
- Have a basic understanding of our current tech stack including Salesforce, Gong, Zoominfo, Outreach, and Dooly
- Meet with key stakeholders to assess pain points and potential improvements in the short-, medium-, and long-term.
- Establish a 30/60/90 day plan to uplevel the Sales Operations function
Within your first month you will:
- Gain a data-oriented understanding of our sales process and identify key bottlenecks and major areas for improvement (e.g. lead to close process, renewal motion, funnel metrics, revenue forecasting, etc.)
- (Re)define our KPIs and build the infrastructure needed to enable better tracking, reporting, and insights all while maintaining high levels of accuracy and precision.
- Create and present a cohesive plan to level up our Salesforce instance to better aggregate all lead, prospect, and customer information.
- Work with our engineering org and Salesforce consultants to bring CPOHQ data into Salesforce to supercharge our GTM team.
At three months, you're fully ramped! You will:
- Perform extensive analysis and reporting on key metrics for the Sales organization, and deliver actionable recommendations based on forecasting, pipeline management, market segmentation, etc.
- Create new sales territory plans and assist with hiring/headcount forecasting
- Enhance the training and onboarding process for all GTM team members. You'll learn the business inside and out!
- Interface with our product and customer success teams to drive initiatives forward with sales prospects always in mind
- Own the technology stack and implement changes to improve usability, reporting, and data gathering
Success Metrics -- By twelve months, you will have...
- Lead the rollout of new tech platforms and coordinate the change management and communication strategies
- Participate and influence the hiring process for other members that will join our GTM team
- Collaborate with Marketing and Customer Success to implement campaigns and sales playbooks to support new business acquisition and upsell opportunities
- Contribute to Knoetic's new sales strategy as we incorporate the data-driven approach you've helped us build
- You have 5+ years of sales operations experience in a high-growth SaaS environment
- You have a demonstrated record of Salesforce administration within rapidly changing organizations. Strong understanding of system architecture, reporting/dashboard, and integrations.
- You've demonstrated success in improving efficiency within a Sales organization via process improvement, program management, and tech stack implementation
- You're constantly looking to the future and thinking many steps ahead on how things can be improved
- You automate tasks wherever possible to ensure that salespeople spend more time having meaningful conversations with customers and prospects.
- You have an ability to translate large amounts of data into meaningful insights to present to cross-functional and senior leadership teams
- You’re a process machine with a track record of rigorous organization, process execution, and follow-through
- You’re an exceptional writer and communicator, with clarity and concision of thought and an ability to explain complex concepts in clear, easy-to-understand language
- You’re adaptable and ambitious, with a demonstrated ability to excel in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job.” You take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re just good. You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer.
- You’re incredibly ambitious and want to build the #1 company in this space, without exception.
- You make excellent use of GIFs!
- The standard stuff: competitive salary and benefits (including fun perks for lifelong learners, like a $2,500 learning budget!)
- Knoetic's cultural values resonate deeply with you (see below)
Written by our founder in 2020.
Intellectual curiosity: I want to surround myself with people who are endlessly curious, who are always asking questions, who are fascinated with understanding others and the world around them. We’re the kids who grew up always asking “Why?”
Intellectual humility: I want to work with people who embrace the scientific method, who go into conversations with an open mind and ear, who are looking for ways to sharpen their thinking, who are delighted to find out when they’re wrong rather than invested in defending why they’re right.
Relentless resourcefulness: Our company should be full of people who will run through walls to get to their goals, who will bring more solutions than problems to others, who will figure out a way to succeed no matter what.
Winning: We are ambitious, and we want to win. We don’t want a trophy for effort or for “good enough” - we want it for first place.
Positive impact on others: There are people, who by the very virtue of their presence, make everyone else around them a better person. It could be because they have unwaveringly high standards. Or are incredible givers that inspire generosity. Or are teachers of their peers. However they do it, they push others upwards. They are culture accretive; their very presence makes everyone else step up their game.
Speed: We’re a team with a bias for action (paired with good judgment), a desire to get more done faster, because we know it’s the only way we’ll win.
Optimism. You know it when you see it - can-do, optimistic. That doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t have down moments - it just means on balance, you walk away from your interactions with them energized and charged up to do more with your life.
Continuous improvement: We’re always making ourselves better. Stasis is the enemy… if you’re not going forwards, you’re going backwards. Everything is a work-in-progress in perpetuity - yourself included.