The Finance team at Chainalysis splits their time between fine-tuning the details and evaluating the 30,000 foot view of our business. Our job is to help the company plan for growth by investing in the right resources and audit our expenditures and revenues to ensure we’re being fiscally responsible.
As a Senior Analyst, Deal Desk, you will be a part of our growing Deal Desk Function where you will work very closely with our Revenue Operations, Finance, Legal, Product and Marketing teams to provide quoting and deal structuring support to the North America Sector Sales Team.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Chainalysis licensing, subscription and pricing models to provide deal structuring and quoting support to our global sales teams
- Be a creative problem solver who finds a way to meet customers’ needs while adhering to our company’s overall strategy
- Perform price / discount realization analysis, combined with relevant deal context, and present actionable recommendations to key business approvers
- Provide both tactical and strategic guidance to our Sales teams by coaching on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and best practices to help close deals
- Function as point of contact and subject matter expert for Sales on deal pricing matters and questions related to common customer requests regarding deviations from Chainalysis standard operational processes, infosec standards, and SLA/engineering positions.
- Partner with North America Sector sales teams to prioritize and organize projects and deals for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end
- Create, maintain and innovate with respect to an ongoing knowledgebase of common issues arising during deal cycles
A background like this helps:
- Experience, preferably within a Deal Desk role, but also including related processes such as sales operations & enablement, finance, and/or legal
- deal and contract experience
- Experience with deal structuring/quoting complex SaaS transactions for a fast-growing multinational company
- Analytical mindset and recognized competency for in depth analysis and modeling
- Solid understanding of the Quote to Order stages within the Lead to Cash lifecycle
- Working knowledge with revenue recognition (GAAP, ASC 606)
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, and/or similar systems
- Strong attention to detail & communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong quantitative and data modeling skills
- Strong Google Suite/Microsoft Suite skills
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.