At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 200,000+ customers to date.
We believe that there is an opportunity to continue to improve and evolve this model with value-added engagements throughout the customer lifecycle, that will improve customer experiences, leading to higher conversions, accelerated expansion and improved retention rates. This role will play an important part in managing a portfolio of projects that will define, implement and optimize these processes, helping us to realize the next evolution of our customer engagement model.
The Sales Operations Business Process Analyst is a senior-level individual contributor with a consistent record of supporting complex, business-impacting projects. Candidates will possess business process, systems administration, and analytical skills that will be instrumental in helping our teams scale globally. On the job you will work closely with our Sales and Loyalty Advocate (our renewals-focused sales team) team stakeholders to collect and prioritize enhancement requests, identify improvement opportunities, document business requirements, and support the delivery of our project portfolio in partnership with our IT teams and your business partners.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with multi-functional teams including Sales, Channel, Support and Finance on your projects - your work cuts across the full customer lifecycle, so your stakeholders are diverse
- Partner with our internal technology teams to support and deliver new capabilities and system improvements that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our Sales teams
- Identify automation and optimization opportunities across the sales lifecycle, including our quote-to-cash processes
- Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert on Sales systems, processes and policies for external organizations, including presenting the team's needs in enterprise projects
- Own requirements documentation including BRDs, process flows, DACIs, wireframes or other assets used to collect business needs
- Perform systems administration on sales systems/tools
- Work with business owners and IT to prioritize change requests
- Participate in user acceptance, smoke testing, and implementation activities
- Create and deliver training and enablement content for projects you are leading
- Help define "interim state" business processes for acquired companies, and help lead the change and adoption of these new processes
- Define KPIs and develop reporting to track metrics across processes to measure the health of the business, risk areas and impact of improvement initiatives
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Sales Technology, or Business Operations in an "analyst" position (business, process, systems, functional, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-growth, enterprise software company
- Experience with renewal processes, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Direct and Channel sales ecosystems
- Experience with quote-to-cash (QTC) processes and systems, including quoting, order management, contracts, e-signature and fulfillment processes
- Familiarity with different software subscription models, and cloud software sales models
- Salesforce expertise (admin certification a plus), and hands-on experience with common Sales and Marketing technologies used in B2B sales environments
- Some tools you may be using and supporting: Salesforce, Gong, Groove, Jira, Jira Service Management, Confluence, diagramming software (we have many)
- Bonus points for experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools like UIPath or Automation Anywhere
- An ability dive into details, but also step back and reframe a problem more strategically
- You have a passion for learning - new tools, processes, ways of working, etc. and are open to change and doing things in new ways.
- You are a self-starter, and thrive in constantly evolving environments where goals are often clear but tactics are not. Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-paced company, so adaptability and flexibility are a must.
- Analytical thinking, backed up by a metrics-guided approach. You use data to frame, inform and guide the prioritization and decision making process, to manage the health of your projects through delivery, and to assess the success and impact once you are done. This may include return on investment analysis, capacity planning and budgeting, TCO analysis, revenue modeling and more.
- Strong influencing skills. As an individual contributor, you will rely on lots of other people to help define the plan and get it executed.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .