Sales Engineer (APAC) at FLYR Labs (Remote)
What will your destination look like at FLYR?
- The Sales Engineer partners with FLYR’s Sales and Customer Success teams in the region to drive growth through new customer acquisition and existing customer share-of-wallet capture. The role is customer-facing, requiring Subject Matter Expertise for FLYR solutions and customer markets. In this role, one must quickly establish a trusted advisor relationship with FLYR’s external community and internal teams.
- S/he will collaborate with Product, AI Delivery/Implementation, Customer Operations, Senior Leadership, and Marketing teams to help drive world class demo scenarios, solution content and overall solution design, whilst striving to demonstrate the FLYR value proposition to customers throughout. This role will bring customers’ technical and business requirements back to the internal teams to ensure our solutions can be successfully executed and continue to meet our customer’s needs.
- Our Sales Engineer will be capable of fielding extensive questions related to architecture, implementation, and daily use of FLYR technology. S/he will prepare and deliver demonstrations and presentations explaining FLYR’s services to customers and prospective customers, and be able to drive all solution related content for FLYR’s responses to RFI/RFPs.
- This role is critical to leading and supporting proposal development and RFP responses, developing highly compelling and accurate content to position FLYR to win.
- S/he will ensure a thorough handover of all solution related elements and commitments to delivery teams once a customer has decided to adopt the FLYR platform.
- S/he must gain a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services FLYR provides, and develop a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape.
- S/he will attend industry functions, trade shows and conferences to represent FLYR and provide feedback and information on the marketplace and emerging industry trends.
What should you pack for this trip?
- Minimum 5 years of related technology consulting experience, preferably with airline customers. S/he has a proven track record of supporting customer engagements that result in new technology adoption.
- Successful track record achieving collaborative revenue goals with sales and account teams.
- Must possess strong financial and business acumen with the ability to identify overall business value resulting from deployment of FLYR technology.
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable on the full range of FLYR solutions and able to discuss overall portfolio at depth. Understands the strengths and weaknesses of the competitive offerings and how to position against.
- Able to lead customer interactions; guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with FLYR solutions.
- Creates meaningful stories and combines ideas in unique ways and makes connections between disparate ideas; Communicates functional strategy and product roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize; Describes functional area information to leaders.
- Demonstrates effective time management in preparation for conversations/ discovery process.
- Foresees obstacles in the sales cycle and identifies workarounds, leverages resources and is able to rally teammates; Ability to handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing common ground and working through challenges to a positive conclusion.
- Develops customer relationships and ensures knowledge of FLYR capabilities are understood; Identifies the challenges faced by their customers; Presents in a manner that conveys expertise and intuition; Demonstrates strong listening skills; Quickly provides answers to customer inquiries when information regarding the customers’ business may not be available.
- Uncovers and articulates critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; Assists customer in identifying shortcomings, even when they could delay a commercial decision; Articulates a roadmap that provides a high likelihood of the customer realizing expected business benefits and other key stakeholders achieving desired personal success.
- Can express opposing views while simultaneously working through disagreements toward clarity, consensus (i.e., comfortable pushing back, saying ‘No’ to colleagues when further review / discussion is justified, particularly, Sales counterparts).
- Unyielding integrity and high ethical standards that embody the fundamental values of FLYR.
- Experience working in, with or selling into commercial functions at Airlines or Aviation organizations is strongly preferred.
- Former airline revenue management or related commercial function experience highly desired
- Bachelor's degree in relevant course of study preferred.
Ticket Prices, Frequent FLYR miles and more:
- Equity with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible working (remote eligible)!
- Initial Screen - Active candidates are screened against the criteria listed above.
- Introductory Call - A FLYR team member will reach out for an initial call to learn more about each other.
- Hiring Manager Call - The hiring manager will then speak with the candidate further about the role & the candidate’s skills.
- Skills Challenge - An opportunity to show off their talents! Candidates are asked to complete a short work prompt that assesses the skills that relate to the role they have applied for.
- Onsite/Virtual Onsite - A series of meetings with the hiring team/team members to finalize our evaluation of each candidate.