Sales Director at Mantle (Remote)
Mantle is a disruptive Series B, venture-backed technology company that is helping manufacturers bring millions of new products to life faster, cheaper, and more easily than ever before with its patented TrueShape™ metal 3D printing technology. By combining hardware, software, and materials, Mantle is creating a new category of metal additive manufacturing that is being rapidly adopted by major global OEMs.
Mantle’s employees thrive in an environment where multiple fields of study come together to solve challenging and important problems. You will be joining a diverse, cross-functional team that is bringing to market the most advanced precision metal 3D printing technology designed for high volume production. Mantle is fundamentally changing how metal parts are made.
As Sales Director, you will work on identifying top companies in our targeted markets (mold builders, molders and OEMs) to partner with and execute on bringing Mantle’s metal hybrid systems to market. You will be a key driver in meeting Mantle’s annual sales goals, building long term partnerships as well as providing market feedback to internal teams within Mantle. This role will focus on building out partnerships and the North American territory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and fostering strong customer relationships.
- Passionately conveying the value of Mantle’s technology while assessing if Mantle’s technology is relevant for prospective customers
- Qualifying Mantle’s technology for specific part evaluations and working with Mantle’s Applications Engineering and Customer Success teams to execute on these projects.
- Building and developing sales pipeline and providing proactive follow up.
- Executing territory business plans leveraging data and analytics to optimize territory management and to identify opportunities for growth.
- Working closely with Applications Engineering and Customer Success teams to ensure customers’ success using Mantle’s technology.
- Supporting marketing efforts by attending industry events and trade shows.
- Developing strategic and tactical plans in order to accomplish yearly sales goals.
- Meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Minimum 8 year’s experience and consistent record of annual over-quota sales results in manufacturing technology sales (prefer manufacturing sales, CNC capital equipment sales and/or Additive Manufacturing sales experience)
- Experience selling business solutions to OEM companies with familiarity of traditional and additive manufacturing processes.
- Energized by a complex and evangelist sales process advocating for change to new technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Professional, patient, and quick to listen when interacting with customers and teammates.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism.
- Ability to learn and comprehend highly technical information and in turn, educate customers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Proficiency in SaaS applications including Hubspot, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, as well as Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Team player, positive attitude, growth mindset, integrity, accountability, adaptability, entrepreneurial, driven, results-oriented and ethical.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with a dynamic, growing company
- Experience and understanding of toolmaking, injection molding and additive manufacturing.
Salary Range: $180,000-$250,000
Mantle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide complete benefits and competitive compensation that includes equity ownership. You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Mantle, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Per Mantle’s current COVID policy, all employees are required to be vaccinated