Are you a self-motivated and gregarious sales representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? Do you want to join a high energy company with an amazing culture? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment then this may be the position for you!
About the Position:
As a Sales Development Representative you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor -- Bringing your intense work ethic and desire to make an immediate impact. You will gain invaluable experience, and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will take ownership of your assigned sales targets by educating restaurant owners on our value proposition and generating opportunities for your sales partners. This will be done through 100% cold outreach.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, and helping restaurateurs improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity and drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
This is a remote position based in one of our employee hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Atlanta, NYC, Kansas City, or Chicago. Occasional travel to one of our Hub offices may be required once travel restrictions are lifted. Reports to Sales Development Manager; No Direct Reports.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 1 Month, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Dive right in and quickly start developing an understanding of our target customer profile and qualifying criteria for opportunities
- Learn how to utilize a wide range of sales tools (Salesforce, Outreach, Chili Piper) and incorporate into the ChowNow sales process
- Start hopping on the phones and driving high volume, consultative discovery conversations with prospective clients to identify if they’re a potential fit for ChowNow
- Build close relationships with your sales partners to develop pipeline and strategy to saturate markets
Within 3 Months, You'll...
- Become a fully ramped SDR while hitting your activity goals
- Form a tight knit, well oiled partnership with your sales partners and bring in assisted revenue to ChowNow
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in Salesforce to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Hit and exceed your activity goals of 100 outbound calls and five set meetings with new restaurants each day.
- Contribute to the growth of the team by sharing knowledge and participating in shadow sessions with new team members
- Develop thorough knowledge of the ChowNow product and become a trusted consultant to prospective restaurants.
- Begin working towards your career progression within ChowNow
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and commission plan
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about your California privacy rights.