Regional Sales Manager - Existing Accounts at McLeod Software (Birmingham, AL)
As an Outside Sales Regional Sales Manager for McLeod Software, you will be responsible for developing existing and creating new sales opportunities. This will include developing new prospect opportunities and expanding McLeod Software's presence with our current customer base. The successful candidate should be able to use consulting selling skills to clearly understand customer's business requirements and recommend the appropriate McLeod Software solution that will optimize their business. Collaborative team selling experience is desirable. The successful candidate will be able to earn trust and obtain agreement throughout the stages of the sales cycle. Excellent communication skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and set goals are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Add incremental business revenue by bringing new customers to McLeod Software (Software and Imaging) and increase customer retention within existing accounts via product presentations, both in-person and over the Web.
- Consistently exceed revenue quota each and every month.
- Prospect on a regular basis by oneself. Minimum of 25 new prospecting calls/week.
- Follow up on leads ASAP and report findings.
- Become involved with State Trucking Associations; network and build presence in assigned region.
- Sales reporting as required by sales management (Act! CRM, commission worksheets, weekly pipeline updates, travel schedule, Concur expense reports, etc.).
- Promote financing through McLeod Financial Solutions.
- Work closely with the Sales IT Solutions Manager in utilizing customized Investment Summary/Contract documents.
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective business relationships with McLeod new and existing customers.
- Meet with and assist customers at annual McLeod Software Users Conference.
- Promote MPowered program.
- Involve Sales Services on more complex and/or non-standard opportunities.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Knowledge of transportation industry is beneficial.
- Ability to identify and create business needs with decision makers required.
- Ability to create and communicate the value of McLeod Software solutions with prospects and clients.
- Ability and desire to work with limited supervision in a team environment, self-motivated, self-reliant.
- Excellent sales, oral/written communication and listening skills, proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with scheduling and conducting web conference calls.
- Ability to work well with others as a team to accomplish common objectives.
- Business, Marketing or other 4-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
Since 1985, McLeodSoftware has provided powerful transportation management and trucking softwaresolutions to the trucking industry. These solutions, developed entirely by ourcompany, are comprehensive and support integration with a broad array of complimentarylogistics products.
We are the leaderwhen it comes to software for trucking dispatch operations management, freightbrokerage management, fleet management, document imaging, workflow, EDI, andbusiness process automation solutions for trucking, freight brokerage, thirdparty logistics, and shipper companies in the United States.
With an establishedbase of more than 1,200 active customers throughout North America, McLeodSoftware is dedicated solely to the transportation industry. This focus meanswe have a deep understanding of the needs and intricate details involved incarrier, broker, and freight management businesses of all types.
McLeod Software ownsour national headquarters building in Birmingham, Alabama, and a trainingfacility in Downers Grove, Illinois. We employ more than 650 professionals.
McLeod Software does not discriminate in employmentopportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, nationalorigin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We arean equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.