Operations Associate - Customer Success at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara’s Customer Success (CS) team advises and guides our customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
In this role, you will work directly with the CS Operations Manager and CS Leadership to build out best-in-class Data Analytics, Systems, and Enablement Tools to enable the CS team to provide the best experience to Samsara’s customers. Our data and analytics foundation will include executive reporting, health of business reviews, dashboards, and KPIs. Launching systems and enablement tools will give you hands-on operating experience in scaling and standardizing processes in a growing organization. Additionally, your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside other teams such as Sales, Support, Product, and Finance, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
This role requires strong business acumen, a passion for scaling organizations and streamlining operations, and an eagerness to constantly deliver data-driven improvements in a fast-moving environment. In addition to this, you will champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
In this role, you will:
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve and maintain operational excellence for CS
- Manage playbooks and processes, team enablement, technology, and data insights for a 75+ person (and growing!) CS organization
- Lead industry research of best practices to ensure Samsara is building upon cutting-edge technologies and management practices
- Own all projection models for CS, including headcount, staffing, renewals, and budget
- Build, maintain, and improve our data and reporting capabilities
- Identify and tackle our toughest operational problems through processes, tools, and dashboards that scale
- Work with cross-functional leaders to deliver outcomes for Samsara and our customers
- Lead with creative problem solving and measure expected and actual results for your initiatives
- Build a project and change management foundation by establishing tools, process, and communication standards within CS
- Contribute to building out team norms and operating procedures as one of our early hires
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of data-driven, operational experience, ideally in a SaaS environment or fast-paced management consulting role
- Proven track record creating systems and processes that measurably increase team productivity and/or customer outcomes
- Experience launching change management operational process improvements
- Ownership of a critical business system for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Expert in data analysis, segmentation, and reporting - driving evidence-based decisions
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, frontline managers
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution. MBA preferred
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ownership of the technology stack for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Strong knowledge of Gainsight, Totango, and Google BigQuery
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with an insistence on high standards
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
- A penchant for customer service, patience, and resourcefulness
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.