Director of Strategy & Business Development at Big Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:45 a.m. (CST) on Friday, February 18, 2022
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™ for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues.
As a member of the Strategy & Business Development team at Big Health, you'll help further our mission and reach by working with Big Health's executive leadership to secure, launch, and manage new business relationships with key players in the healthcare market, from PBMs to health plans and beyond. This is a cross-functional and collaborative role that will have a tremendous impact on our business and the digital health industry as a whole.
We are hiring qualified individuals at various levels with anywhere from 3 - 10 years of experience. You’ll report directly into one of several members of our New Markets team depending on our needs and your experience.
Big Health is a remote-first company - we are headquartered in San Francisco and have a distributed team across the US and the UK. This role can be based anywhere in the US. Join us!
To learn more about working at Big Health, please go to Built In and Glassdoor.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the New Markets leadership team to secure new business relationships across new and existing clients such health plans and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs)
- Execute on the design and negotiation requirements for novel partnerships/deal structures to accomplish business objectives, including client presentation materials, supporting business cases, follow-up business analyses, internal debriefs, etc.
- Support or lead strategic growth initiatives for the business such as new market evaluations, business model innovations, partner/client engagement strategies, etc.
- Partner with cross functional teams (i.e. clinical, product, sales, marketing) to develop new capabilities required to deliver on new business relationships
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Demonstrated success in highly demanding, fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Experience in healthcare, specifically working with plans, PBMs or providers
- Sales acumen - you've sold products, services, projects, or ideas, externally or internally, with a track record of success
- Structured thinking - you methodically break down ambiguous problems into key components not only to get to an answer but also to know that the answer is right
- Strong organization and strong project management skills - you know how to keep lots of people and big projects on track and consistently deliver what you say you will
- Excitement for the idea of a flexible job across opportunity with a “whatever needs to get done” attitude
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.