Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are creating a role to lead our Deal Desk in finance. We are looking for someone with complex contract experience who can roll up their sleeves to create a process for contract analysis and execution across finance and the broader Reddit organization.
This heavily cross-functional role will report to the Global Head of Tax, with a dotted line to finance and accounting leadership. The role will collaborate with stakeholders both within and outside of finance and will act as a deal quarterback for finance, partnering closely with corporate finance, strategic finance, controllership, tax and treasury to manage the finance approval process for the Company’s routine and non-routine contracts. The role will be the primary point-of-contact with Reddit’s business teams for negotiating and finalizing finance terms in non-routine contracts, developing standardized finance terms for recurring contract types, and optimizing the finance review process for business contracts.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Deal Desk professional with a strong commercial mindset, who is intellectually curious, has very strong interpersonal skills, and works well independently in a fast growth environment. This person is a self-starter who is organized, highly analytical, collaborative, and a problem solver. The person in this role should possess an ability to partner across finance teams while adhering to business timeline needs. If you are interested in continuing your career in an exciting and high growth company, then this is the role for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage the contract review, negotiation and contract approval process for Reddit’s finance function
- Provide advisory support to Reddit’s finance teams, as well as business partners, on new contractual initiatives and complex transactions
- Understand and evaluate the business and technical requirements of customers and partners for key contracts, and work closely with finance teams to develop appropriate business terms
- Accelerate decision-making by proactively facilitating finance stakeholder reviews and terms escalation
- Develop standardized and pre-approved finance terms for routine business contracts
- Work closely with our finance, legal and business teams to ensure contracts are unambiguous for critical business purposes, including revenue recognition, billing, and renewal management
- Partner with finance, accounting, and tax to communicate the implications of transactions to internal stakeholders at all levels
- Assist with development of continuous improvement for and implementation of SOX controls for contract process flow and serve as key point of contact for any automation projects
- Participate in special projects, analysis and reporting as required by management
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of business, operations, finance or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or accounting
- MBA, JD or CPA Preferred
- A thorough understanding of contractual processes for sales and business partnership contracts
- Proficiency in reading, interpreting and drafting business terms and conditions
- Experience designing and implementing new policies and procedures with proven ability to drive process and system improvements
- Passion for communication and interpersonal connection across teams.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Highly organized, customer-focused, innovative and strong attention to details
- Experience presenting complex matters to senior management
- Strategic mindset and ability to work in ambiguous, challenging situations
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines
- Positive attitude and open mindset, not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills including conscientiousness, diplomacy, flexibility, and dependability
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].