Deal Desk Manager | Senior Consultant Deal Desk at NielsenIQ (Remote)
ABOUT THIS JOB
NielsenIQ seeks to provide the most meaningful data to customers, with which they in turn can make their most important business decisions. I order to maintain the highest standards possible NielsenIQ needs to have the prices reflect the demands for investments. The Deal Desk is there to help achieve that objective.
The ideal candidate will be able to help the local and regional sales teams to execute pricing strategies and negotiations with Customers. This includes reviewing deals, creating alternative approaches to deals and coaching sales staff to work towards the profitable business. The Deal Desk approves new business proposals.
In the role, the candidate would be collaborating with Deal Desk colleagues and Sales leaders of different markets to understand varying product and pricing options to meet customer needs.
You would be responsible for:
- A certain region, consisting of several countries
- Setting the rules with local Sales Leadership
- Reviewing proposals before they go to the client
- Coaching sales staff in their role
The daily activities include:
- Analyze incoming deals along with reviewing the criteria (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Challenge status quo to make recommendations that drive price increases and discount
- Recommend pricing structures based on the Customer’s business drivers and ability to sell value
- Influence discount improvements through competitive intelligence and developing a subject matter expertise in the Region
- Manage communications with sales reps and deliver approval/rejection context
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
The ideal candidate has extensive sales experience, combined with an instinct for negotiations. You should be firm but friendly and be ready to stand up to social pressure. Able to build relationships and trust, and not afraid to speak out.
- Relevant educational background
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales, working with customers and numbers
- Team worker, self-motivated
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.