Business Development Associate, Defense at MetroStar (Washington DC)
As our Business Development Associate, Defense, you will help architect growth strategies and value creation through innovative thinking, research, and partnership that will transform our business into one of the most innovative firms across the Defense market.
To do this, we are assembling growth experts that can contribute unique capabilities and skills – including Capture, Business Development, Strategy Execution, Pipeline Sufficiency, and Collaboration. Capture leads work in partnership with our Operations, Business Development, and Solution team members to win and drive growth enterprise value at MetroStar.
You're a great fit if you have:
- Deep relationships across the Army (HQDA), and other Defense Services.
- Foster relationships with key agency decision makers, influencers, industry partners and position MetroStar to pursue and win new opportunities
- Working knowledge of leading-edge technologies (i.e., Human Centered Design, DevSecOps, AI/ML)
- An obsessive focus on strategic alignment, growth, and winning deals
- Identify, develop, track, and successfully execute a pipeline of qualified opportunities to support our growth objectives
- In-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape, deals, and funding lines
- Proven ability and track record of winning contract awards of over $50M
- Working knowledge of Defense agency missions, cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs, challenges and buying trends
You'll love our position if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- Recent (within the last 3 years), notable relationships in the Army (HQDA) and other Defense Services
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile across the industry
- Ability to communicate issues, concerns, and problems in a collaborative and solution-oriented manner
- The ability to travel to other U.S. cities as required to conduct capture activities, and foster relationships
- Active Top Secret security clearance (preferred)
During a typical day, you will:
- Independently drive captures from inception through proposal readiness
- Establish, build, and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels (Growth, Operations, R&D, Pricing, etc.)
- Proactively validate new business opportunities within the Defense Community through a variety of sources
- Establish relationships with O5+/GS-13+ levels across the government
- Participate in industry groups and conferences to represent and promote our solutions and digital services
- Participate in responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Provide weekly reporting and analysis of the business development pipeline, and pitch new deals and strategies to strengthen our pipeline
- Engage in industry events and serve as liaison for memberships and event participation
- Ability to actively communicate with, inspire, and motivate team
Who we are:
MetroStar is a Virginia-born digital solutions and services firm that has enhanced missions across our government clients at home and abroad for over two decades. Our dedication to our people and the missions of our customers and partners is best exemplified by our mission statement: A passion for our people. Value for our customers.
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.