Billing & Collections Coordinator at CNA
Under general supervision, acts as account manager in the coordination of moderate to complex billing and collection activities. Ensures resolution of all disputes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Independently conducts contacts via phone or email with external customers in pursuit of collection or resolution of aged receivables. Provides responses in writing and/or by telephone within designated call and transaction parameters.
Performs analysis and balance reconciliation of financial data to ensure accuracy of all transactions and open balances.
Determines and initiates actions such as corrections policy cancellations/ reinstatements balance transfers to legal collections etc. to resolve issues and disputes.
Owns all internal actions including follow through to ensure that all related corrective actions or transactions are supported by peer areas in underwriting processing and billing & collections.
Maintains detailed file activity documentation through closure of collection efforts.
Communicates professionally and effectively follows up and keeps customers informed. Builds strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
Provides superior service to our customers and internal business partners acting with a sense of urgency.
Provides user assistance with website navigation assistance.
Identifies issues and process improvement opportunities on a routine basis.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong written verbal and interpersonal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
2. Analytical skills with the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve problems.
3. Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
4. Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
Education & Experience
1. Associates Degree or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum two years of relevant experience.