Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision, the global leader in the professional communication software (SaaS) space, is redefining the way organizations think about paid, earned, owned, and shared (social) media.
At Cision, our values matter. If you like to have fun & celebrate, are enthusiastic about teamwork & customers, embrace diversity, equity, & inclusion, and thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment, then we want to meet you!
By raising the standard of excellence on ourselves, our processes, and our work, we help our customers raise the standard in the way they communicate, interact, and deliver their brand promise every day. Our customers love our solutions, and we think you’ll love helping our customers be successful!
The Associate Account Executive is responsible for developing consultative and strategic business relationships with a set of designated accounts. The Account Executive will work to uncover and match account needs to Cision products and services, thereby increasing our value to the client while also contributing to revenue and market share objectives.
What you will be doing:
- Increase the revenue of accounts through high volume outreach via telephone and email.
- Meet or exceed baseline and expansion goals through retention of accounts and sales of additional products and services.
- Meet or exceed and Key Performance Indicators including calls, meeting counts, and other primary metrics as set by Management and adhere to call quality guidelines.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all Cision products and services with the ability to see across product lines.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and positive culture influence in line with the Cision Values.
- Develop marketing strategies to address strengths and weaknesses within the territory. Establish expectations for your manager on how you will be delivering on goals.
- Collaborate with other divisions and subject matter experts within Cision to develop integrated strategic packages & solutions.
- Educate clients on new products and services and manage all inbound requests from designated accounts.
- Negotiate new structured or customized contracts to increase and secure revenue, managing difficult negotiations with clients arising from competitive situations.
- Practice exceptional time management and organization to effectively take care of the reactive and proactive requirements of the position.
- Always provide clients with an in-house point of contact by ensuring strong support of client needs.
- Provide excellent customer service both internally and externally.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of your business to your manager on a weekly basis or as otherwise instructed by sales leadership.
- Understand and employ Miller Heiman sales methodology tactics in accordance with monthly Activity Metrics
- Utilize the Salesforce.com platform to manage sales pipeline, track interactions, and forecast business outcomes. Work strategically on all renewals to ensure on-time contracts.
- Other duties as assigned by sales leadership.
Our top performers are exceptional at:
- Time management
- Being curious & inquisitive
- Helping each other out
- Idea sharing
- Following the playbook
- Applying the coaching
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A keen interest in business communications, public relations, and content.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to think and react quickly under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (I.e. Salesforce.com)
- Active Individual Development Plan (IDP) to ensure continued professional growth and development.
- Minimum 2-year successful B2B sales experience (preferred) or an accredited Sales Certificate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work remote, but live near one of our offices, just in case we move to a hybrid model (Albuquerque, NM, Cleveland, OH, Chicago, IL, or Beltsville, MD)
- Willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with company needs/work flow demands
Why work for us:
- You can build, sell, deliver, or support products and services that are the best in the business. Together, we amplify our clients' stories to the world.
- There is a lot of career opportunity for you to stretch, develop new skills, lead from the front, and progress in new roles. We offer training, career and leadership development, and multiple career pathing opportunities. We promoted 270 plus employees in the year 2021.
- Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategy focuses on access to diversity education, increasing representation at all levels, and fostering an environment of belonging. Cision’s inclusiveness and feeling of community can be seen and felt directly through the work of our four, active Employee Resource Groups.
- Our Cision Flex work policy blends the best parts of remote work and in-office collaboration.
- Our modern office environments across the globe provide the perfect space for coming together as a team or working independently.
Our FANTASTIC Benefits:
- Full Benefits start day 1 of employment (medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long-term disability, pet insurance, legal, life insurance, and much more)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Employer Contributions
- HSA and FSA options
- HDHP and PPO options
- Flex time off (Unlimited Paid Time Off)
- Hybrid (Remote and In-Office) work environment
- Cision pays for your short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match to start day 1
- Paternity leave
- Education assistance
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledgeand named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 106 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description