Smokeball helps law firms bill more without their clients paying more. Intriguing, right? We were founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn't simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What makes us special?
- Culture is sacred. As a 'Best Places to Work' winner four years in a row, we believe company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success. At the end of the day, it is all about our people.
- The best product in Legal Tech. We think deeply about the challenges small law firms face. We do not bother with simply delivering a "faster horse," we drive innovations that truly enhance the lives and businesses of our clients. Check out our ratings on G2, Capterra, and Google.
- Growth. The Legal Tech industry is estimated to be worth around $15bn and is growing every year. Smokeball is growing right along with it, and we like to take our people with us.
What we need
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious, and consultative Account Executives who are excited about growing our business. Our ideal candidate will be used to meeting and exceeding revenue targets through consistent sales strategies and forecasting practices. We're looking for proven, self-starting reps who take it upon themselves to bring in 80% of their business on their own, through consistent and targeted outreach. You will get an opportunity to work in a high-growth industry, manage key opportunities, and build strong relationships with business and industry partners.
A day in the life:
- Prospect, qualify, develop, and close opportunities with legal service providers
- Consistently meet and exceed prospecting and revenue targets
- Utilize consultative sales approaches to identify process inefficiencies and offer impactful solutions
- Follow a structured approach to hit KPIs included in our formula for success
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts on a weekly, monthly, and thirdly basis
What you bring
- 2-3 years in an Account Executive role or similar, selling to the professional services industry
- Experience prospecting and hunting for new business
- A proven track record of exceeding sales goals and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline
- Urgency and competitiveness, with a thirst for knowledge and growth in your role
- Strong consultative and discovery skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with our clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build and present powerful business cases
- An executive presence and success driving sales over phone, email and videoconferencing
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, Zoom and DocuSign a plus
Your future team
Allison Gibson: Hi, I'm Allison! After working in legal tech for 6 years I was very excited move from an Account Executive role to the Director of Sales position. The industry is always growing and evolving, which makes any position at Smokeball a great opportunity for continual growth and personal development. Smokeball lives up our core values unlike any other business I have been a part of; the team truly cares about each other and about the work we do for our clients. Sales is highly competitive and exhausting work, but I can honestly say that I am very proud in the family we have built on this team. We work together and help each other every day to be our best and provide the best service for our clients. Sales at Smokeball is the complete embodiment of work hard and have fun while you do it!
Nick Diaferio: Hi, I'm Nick! Over 11 years working with scaleups across different tech verticals has made one thing clear, my passion for growing companies. That desire was immediately satisfied after joining Smokeball as our consistent annual growth continues to generate opportunities for career growth, earning potential, and personal development. As a sales leader, it has been extremely rewarding to watch our team rapidly develop over the last couple of years while working in a collaborative and inclusive environment across all levels of our business. The premium nature of our product paired with a reputation to match provides a level of confidence and validity that most sales professionals can only dream of over their career - with an incredible base of clients helping drive product development and our passionate team delivering impactful solutions, we are building more than just a company, we are building a community.
Andrea Valle: Hi, I'm Andrea! After graduating law school and realizing the firm life was not the life for me, I was excited to find an opportunity working in the growing world of LegalTech with Smokeball. I was happy to find that this company not only cared about revolutionizing the legal technology space but was also passionate about their employees and finding a perfect place for them. I started on the Onboarding Team helping my fellow attorneys implement software to improve their day-to-day. I quickly realized I could connect with them because I had been in their shoes before, and I could explain why Smokeball was indispensable to their firm. From there, the move to the Sales Team was exciting and seamless. With my guidance and expertise, I can explain the product and ease any firm's concerns on adaptation and embracing change. After all, change isn't hard when you have the best legal product on the market and a team of Smokeballers to help you!
Life at Smokeball
- Great Culture: Named Crain's 2021, 2020, & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine's 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time, and more!
- Career Growth: Smokeball believes in investing in our own people and promoting from within. Our own President started at Smokeball as an Account Manager!
- Flexible Working: We trust our people to get their jobs done. Work remotely full-time? In the office full-time? A hybrid of both? Your choice!
- Benefits: Excellent medical coverage, 401(k) match, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave
- Transparency: We keep employees in the loop through monthly global huddles and local standups where we discuss company goals, updates, new hire introductions, etc.
- The Office: The kitchen is stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages, and we have plenty of games to help you relax (ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games). We also offer free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist!
- Fun Events: In-person happy hours, virtual game nights, family-friendly events, and so much more
- Convenient Transit: We're located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation
The values we live by
Creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. At Smokeball, we don't have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we are bringing new team members into the Smokeball Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos.
What DEI means to us
At Smokeball, we believe that "caring is not optional." We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
Learn more about our DEI program here.
More, more, more!
Why do we do what we do? Where did the name 'Smokeball' come from? How do we give back? Learn more here.
* Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We encourage anyone who is interested to apply based on the responsibilities and requirements outlined. You may be the culture add that we are seeking! We look forward to your application.
* Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.