AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We've helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn't have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they're passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we're on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
As an Account Executive you'll be in charge of vetting software products from all over the world. You will be acting as a VC when selling and closing potential partnerships that will equally significantly benefit the partner, our customers, and AppSumo.
What you'll be doing
- Prospecting and closing deals over phone, email, and video
- Negotiating and structuring complex deals
- Vetting leads to ensure that AppSumo maintains its high bar for products
- Encouraging long-term alliances with partners
- Informing potential partners on how to optimally launch on AppSumo
- Familiarity with Salesforce, MixMax, Booking platforms, and Project Management tools
- Work closely with the SDR team to ensure the quality of bookings
- 2+years as an AE or similar role closing deals in the SaaS, PaaS, and/or enterprise software space
- SaaS, negotiation, closing, forecasting, proposals
- A user-centric mentality with a passion for Entrepreneurship and Startups
Why work here?
At AppSumo, we're committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment-the kind of company where work doesn't suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you're encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
- Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
- 100% hybrid work model-work from home or the office
- Freedom to have a side hustle (We'll cheer you on.)
- Open vacation (PTO) policy
- Take a winter break (Everyone gets two weeks PTO over the holidays.)
- Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year to the local Sheraton (Just kidding: We're talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
- $200 per month to treat yourself (Therapy? Yoga? Massages? Tacos? Oh yes.)
- Late start/flexible hours
- Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
- Free lunch once a week, a brand new computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.