Staff Technical Program Manager at Chewy (Minneapolis, MN)
Chewy is growing and we are looking to expand our autoship systems and services team with talented software engineers in multiple locations. If you are a Staff Technical Program Manager and interested in building applications to solve real world operational problems that will be highly impactful and visible to leadership at Chewy, please apply! In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing revenue streams.
In this high impact role, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering large projects which span multiple organizations, while communicating status and unblocking stakeholders. This entails collaborating on product definition, owning roadmap planning across orgs, identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs, becoming a subject matter expert on the underlying technologies which power Chewy’s services, building highly efficient mechanisms and process improvements, and driving alignment at the senior leadership level.
About this Team:
Autoship is a service that Chewy offers to customers so that they can receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule. Our team’s mission is to make Autoship the most loved pet care subscription program. As the most convenient and simple-to-use subscription offering, Autoship helps pet parents easily address their pets’ needs so they can spend more time enjoying their relationships with their pets. Furthermore, Autoship customers are Chewy’s most developed and loyal customers, and the trust they place in Autoship to meet their needs drives long-term customer engagement with Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- Lead cross functional team to build systems and processes that facilitate access to high quality and timely product and customer insights.
- Work with tech, product, and business stakeholders to define project requirements, scope efforts, and manage release schedules.
- Facilitate discussions to scope upcoming workstreams
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility
- Lead project document reviews with executive-level business and tech leadership.
- Contribute to the technical design of the solutions.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years’ experience in technical program management
- 3 + years’ managing cross functional customer-facing projects and balancing product/business requirements with technical constraints.
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of distributed systems, web/mobile applications, and data analysis
- Agile experience a must
- Ability to take abstract complex subjects and communicate with audiences of varying levels of leadership and technical background.
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
- Strong business, operational, and technical vision.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics), related technical field or equivalent work experiences. Master’s Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- Previous experience with e-commerce program management
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence)
- Comfort working with large and complex data sets and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with Splunk/Datadog a plus.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].