Senior TPM, Cloud Applications, Test & Tooling at Motional
The Cloud Applications, Test & Tooling team at Motional plays a critical role in the overarching quality of the internally-developed tools. The team is responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality, verified tools to Motional users. As a member of this team, you’ll have a daily impact on the achievement of self-driving targets by contributing to the quality-first approach to the software development lifecycle for internally developed tools.
As the Senior Technical Program Manager supporting internal tool development and testing, you'll be instrumental in providing insight to stakeholders requests while also providing oversight to development and implementation of features and integrated products. You'll work closely with both developers and internal stakeholders to define and execute early functionality and will be responsible for gathering regular feedback from developers to understand issues and improvements for future product iterations.
- Proactively define feature goals, objectives and metrics and help to set priorities for the visualization tools development team.
- Provide input in quarterly planning cycles and advocate for inclusion of items with high business value.
- Design and execute test cases visualization tools alongside the operations teams to gather feedback on our deployed product, and turn this feedback into new requirements.
- Partner with the engineering team in achieving successful outcomes by clearly communicating business needs, requirements, prioritizing backlogs, and removing friction from the product development process
- Provide parallel software quality assurance analysis by identifying issues, creating clear and comprehensive descriptions which include reproducible steps; work with developers to aid in issue resolution and verification
- Write thorough feature release documentation and related training artifacts
- Show initiative and be a valued team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is expected
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in sciences, or engineering
- 2+ years in a software quality assurance or product ownership role
- Experience defining products with human-robot interfaces
- Experience working with user researchers and designers
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing processes and QA methodologies
- Experience in identifying user needs and transforming it to meaningful products
- Proven ability to drive cohesion, collaboration and decision making among different people & functions
- Comfortable with working with cross-functional, remote teams in multiple global locations
- Experience with Linux and some programming (Python, Bash/Shell) in order to configure local test environments
- Experience in using issue tracking tools is preferred (esp. Atlassian Confluence, Jira, GitLab)
- Experience with product ownership and user acceptance testing methodologies
- Experience in technical writing, technical drawings and documentation of mechatronics systems is preferred
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.