New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Senior Specialist Program / Project management is accountable for sound execution of portfolio programs, value capture and transparent management of total cost of ownership.
- Support backlog prioritization/ grooming exercises, including value, investment cost, operational cost, and deprecation
- Ensure positive business outcomes by providing leadership and coordination for project and product teams.
- Develop working relationships across functional areas and with all levels and location of the organization across geographic regions.
- Manage multiple priorities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience in PMO Leadership, managing multiple projects and project managers.
- Experience in leading Agile product and/or service teams using influence rather than control, and fostering a work environment based on trust, sharing and collaboration
- Expert in managing multiple stakeholders with the ability to coach and counsel
- Ability to work independently and remove obstacles while working in ambiguity.
- Ability to engage with software vendors and third-party solution integrators.
- Ability to analyse and define business problems, develop business cases, and advise business owners on managing risks.
- Has a mindset of continuous improvement, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Manage finances spanning Total product cost, including investment. maintenance and operations, and depreciation.
- Ability to travel 15%
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years experience. Preferably in IT, Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or related fields or High School diploma with 10 years experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in the use of project management and analytical software tools, especially JiraAlign, Jira and Confluence
- Agile certification, PMP Certification, Six Sigma
- Scrum master and Agile coach experience
- Experience and/or certification in cybersecurity, cloud, networking
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Flex Time, Remote Work, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: