Senior Program Manager - FC Start-Up at Chewy
SENIOR MANAGER- FC START-UP
Chewy is seeking a Senior Manager of Fulfillment Operations on the Fulfillment Center (FC) Start-up Team. This role will partner with functional stakeholders through the development of a standard start-up processes for new FCs. This includes building robust training programs and implementing Chewy standard processes at new launch Fulfillment Centers. The overarching responsibility of this role will be to standardize operational activities prior launch and through the first 90 days of new site operations. This is a high-visibility role that will interact with all levels of the organization and requires a candidate that has excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create/implement scalable initiatives across multiple stakeholders. This role will partner closely with a cross function of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving, process improvement, a track record for utilizing data to drive decisions, and exceptional cross organization collaboration skills.
What You'll Do:
The Start-up Team will be responsible for all operational functions for the first 90 days of new building launch and be engaged the 90 days prior to launch. This team will be responsible for mobilizing stakeholders across the organization to ensure Chewy network standards, operational daily tasks/reporting, and all required internal/external vendor training are executed. This role will be responsible for reviewing current building specific standards and rolling them into new sites and building lessons learned to continuously improve launch execution and volume ramp.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to understand the needs of each leader and translate the needs into the functional design of the building.
- Prepare, publish, distribute, and maintain a project schedule and scorecard with milestones for all cross-functional stakeholders
- Monitor project progress, incorporate resolutions to potential project delays and communicates project status to leadership on a timely basis
- Ensure smooth and consistent communication and exchanges of data between operations, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Perform business requirements analysis and design
- Act as the primary liaison between Launch Team, integrators, and vendors
- Perform gap analysis between physical processes and future operations needs and the can vet project requests and prioritize them accordingly
- Identify and recommend operations improvement opportunities to meet ever increasing business requirements
What You'll Need:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Program Management, or a Business discipline from an accredited university or 3+ years relevant industry experience.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings with the ability to identify flow and functional issues that impact cost or operations flow.
- 5+ years technical experience with project/program management
- 3+ years’ experience functional experience in implementing process changes and managing large complex projects
- 3+ years of experience in large scale FC launches/projects
- Strong analytics and communications background (e.g., math, statistics, quantitative methods, and verbal and writing proficiency). This includes strong Excel skills or other equivalent analytical tools.
- Cross functional team management experience
- Must have experience and knowledge of warehouse operations, manufacturing and/or materials handling systems
- Ability to travel up to 50% based on launch schedules and business needs.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]