Scrum Master (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- guiding teams towards self-organisation and building a reflective, collaborative culture that embraces problem-solving and open communication
- enabling your product team to deliver business value at pace by removing blockers and minimising disruptions and distractions
- facilitating scrum events to be purposeful and effective
- creating an environment for teams to experiment and learn
- providing coaching and support to enable teams to be high performing and continuously improving
- making sure there is clarity amongst your team to enable quick decision making
- building and nurturing relationships with engineering managers, engineering leads, and business owners
- working closely with the team’s product managers and where appropriate, assisting with backlog management
- promoting confidence and transparency across teams through delivery metrics
- partnering with our agile coaches to help embed and continuously improve your team’s agile values, mindset, and practices
- collaborating with fellow scrum masters and our agile coaches to maintain a consistent approach to scrum practices and metrics
As a team we're responsible for:
- delivering end-to-end, complex initiatives across our digital portfolio of work in line with Simply Business's strategic objectives
- continuously simplifying, managing, and guiding delivery across the organisation
- As a Scrum Master, you'll work closely with our engineering teams to deliver our ambitious strategic goals. You'll be:
- self-motivated, action-oriented, and have a desire to lead teams to positive outcomes
- naturally organised, with the ability to plan and align
- able to manage complexity and simplify challenges
- a proactive and dynamic problem-solver
- able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- commercially aware and have the ability to drive the early realisation of business value
- able to support the wider organisation to understand and work effectively with agile engineering teams
- keeping up to date with emerging practices and ideas and be able to propose improvement and innovation
What we're looking for:
- 3 years + experience as a scrum master working with a software engineering team
- in-depth knowledge and application of agile principles and practices
- significant experience of working with teams from inception through to maturity and demonstrable experience of ability to build and develop teams
- skills and knowledge of servant leadership, coaching, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and empowerment
- ability to build effective working relationships, with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- passionate about agile software delivery and associated practices
- preferably hold a recognised scrum master/agile delivery qualification e.g. CSM, A-CSM, PSM I, PMI-ACP or similar
- preferably experienced in working in an insurance or fintech environment
- any experience in scaling agile practices is desirable e.g. SAFe, [email protected], Spotify etc
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 5% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• A genuine investment in your learning and development
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What's going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at [email protected] Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.