Scrum Master at Sammons Financial Group Companies (Des Moines, IA)
| Des Moines, IA
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:24 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 27, 2022
Location: Des Moines, IA
Location: Des Moines, IA
- Effectively coach and lead Agile teams in delivering high value products while emphasizing collaboration, team self-management, and ensuring flexibility to adapt to emerging business realities.
- Works with the team by using a servant leadership style and through leading by example.
- Facilitates effective meetings and Scrum events which include Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, estimating work, Sprint Review / Demo, Sprint Retrospective, and Daily Scrum for one or more agile teams.
- Collaborates with Product Owner and Solution Architect to understand requests, capabilities, and delivery schedules.
- Identifies and resolves impediments that are inhibiting the Agile Team from meeting Sprint Goal and/or other commitments.
- Creates an environment conducive to team self-organization and collaboration.
- Partners with and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and maintaining the product backlog.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure the product/feature backlog is organized, clear, and up to date.
- Manages and keeps artifacts visible through visual management techniques and tools like websites, dashboards, and collaborative applications including but not limited to: burn-down, burn-up, team velocity, task-time estimates, and status.
- Sets and continually manages expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Facilitates the team's estimation of what is needed to achieve goals.
- Identifies and resolves and/or escalates roadblocks, issues, and conflicts within the team in a timely fashion. Shields the team from interruptions.
- Coaches, mentors and motivates team members (internal and external) and influences them to take positive action and accountability for the team's work.
- Matures team in Agile practices by identifying team improvement opportunities and educating on best practices in order to increase productivity, quality and team health.
- Helps employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical process control product development.
- Continue professional, technical, and business growth.
- Commitment to embrace Sammons Financial Group Companies shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.
- College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years' appropriate work experience (Agile experience) preferred
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Experience working in an Information Technology organization preferred
- Proven experience with SDLC, waterfall and agile methodologies preferred
- Attention to detail, highly organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills, including problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact well with a variety of styles and personalities
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict resolution with demonstrated leadership courage
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus and professionalism
- Demonstrated excellent leadership, communication, planning, decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated team player with strong collaboration skills including motivating and building trust among team, encouraging respect and optimizing collaboration
- Track record of continuous process improvement
- Criminal background check required.
More Information on Sammons Financial Group Companies
Sammons Financial Group Companies operates in the Fintech industry. The company is located in West Des Moines, IA, Chicago, IL, Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND. Sammons Financial Group Companies was founded in 2022. It has 1001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 16 open jobs at Sammons Financial Group Companies, click here.
Read Full Job Description