ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.THE OPPORTUNITY:
At ActBlue, our Junior Technical Project Manager’s play a crucial role in development and serve as facilitators for agile teams working under the Scrum methodology. You will be the primary point of contact for anyone looking to understand the big picture of each product development sprint. You will also work cross-functionally to understand the goals of product management, sales, marketing, and operations.
As a Junior Technical Project Manager at ActBlue, you will provide leadership and help engineering teams to communicate, track engineering progress, and eliminate impediments in the development lifecycle. You will also work closely with the product owner to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers.
Our Junior Technical Project Manager will also assign and delegate tasks appropriately, ensuring the team’s work aligns with priorities and the overall schedule. They will use the rituals and processes of Agile methodology to keep the team on track.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead the Scrum team in using Agile methodology and Scrum practices
- Assist the product owner and development team in achieving customer satisfaction
- Lead the Scrum and development teams in self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the Scrum team on removing impediments
- Identify gaps within our Agile framework and recommend improvements
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
- Help the Scrum team achieve higher levels of Scrum maturity
- Support the product owner and provide education where needed
- Certification in Scrum from one or more recognized authority
- Prior experience on a Scrum team
- Ability to analyze and think quickly to resolve conflict
- Knowledge of techniques to fill in gaps in the Scrum
- Ability to determine what is Scrum and what is not
- Familiarity with successful project management types, like Waterfall, Lean or Six Sigma
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $77,000 - $94,000, depending on experience
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.
*ActBlue will never ask candidates to buy equipment, nor will we email from anything other than an actblue.com or actbluetech.com email address.