Risk Manager / Technology Manager / Project Manager at Capital One (Washington DC)
Risk Manager / Technology Manager / Project Manager
As a member of the Technology Risk Management team within Capital One's Business Risk Office, you will apply your analytical, risk management, and project management skills to support Risk and Compliance Management Strategy. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's technology risk profile. You will take on important and exciting responsibilities from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will also be challenged to excel alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
- Manage end to end risk management - from defining policies and procedures, performing assessments, tracking remediation activities, to closing risk findings
- Rationalize controls focusing on key risks and alignment with technology processes
- Influence updates to policies, standards, control description to enhance risk management activities
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables and timelines
- Partner with project customers to provide risk and controls thought partnership to devise effective risk identification and mitigation strategies
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Identify ways to improve and streamline risk identification, assessment, and mitigation processes
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Promote strategic vision and execute tactical operations to implement overarching risk assessment and risk management programs
- Partner with Cyber and other Risk Management functions across the company
- Interact with business counterparts and other IT colleagues to ensure appropriate coverage of shared controls and/or shared processes
- Proactively engage team members and project leads to ensure system changes or enhancements consider Audit controls and IT standards before implementation
- Create and disseminate reporting and metrics related to the risk environment to key stakeholders and leadership
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others
- Point of contact for compliance and audit engagements
- Prepare for, coordinate, and respond to internal and external audits
- Identify opportunities and work with business stakeholders and partners to embed risk management practices into the daily operations and business processes across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Technology, Audit or Technology Risk Management
- Experience managing multiple projects/initiatives
- Masters degree
- 3+ years of Project Management or Compliance Experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).