At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
A Right Of Way project Manager/Team Lead is a professional that is well versed in all aspects of right-of-way services for power, transportation, water, mining, and oil and gas projects and helps recruit, develop, and manage a group of right-of-way professionals. The primary duties include: responsible for area coordination and working with team to identify market drivers, develop goals and lead team toward growth; participate in delivery of project services to meet client expectations; monitor and improve technical competencies of staff and products to meet client needs; collaborate with area operations leadership, marketing and project management; participate in Right of Way business class practice and professional discipline groups, project teams and activities to continually improve standards and best practices; implement effective quality assurance and quality control reviews; participate in regional business class strategic planning, budgeting and plan implementation; track and balance staff workloads and utilizations; work with leads to establish internal and external training programs and training schedules; assist with business development efforts and provide support on proposal preparation; plan for project needs and recruit/hire staff accordingly, and drive Right of Way business class to meet project goals for growth, client satisfaction, and service diversification.
- Provide area leadership of technical capabilities within the right-of-way business class
- Build and retain strong relationships with team, project managers, and client development managers throughout Missouri and Kansas
- Monitor team performance within business class to achieve defined goals and support operational managers in monitoring project performance and implementation of corrective actions
- Provide strategic and tactical input on business trends to business class and local office planning
- Facilitate business class teamwork, communication, and work-sharing between area offices, business classes, management, marketing, and staff
- Serve as a client manager, project principal, and project manager
- Maintain appropriate QA/QC procedures and best practices
- Actively participate in projects or manage projects to meet assigned utilization rate
- Prioritize activities across Missouri and Kansas to best implement market sector and business group objectives
- Manage staff workloads and make recommendations for adjustments as needed
- Manage training and licensing requirements and identify opportunities for continuing education
- Develop a mentoring and employee advancement process to advance staff
- Champion opportunities to grow the right of way practice
- Support area pursuits and actively participate in proposal development
- Identify project right-of-way needs and recruit professionals to join the HDR team
- Demonstrate a "can-do" problem-solver approach to colleagues and clients
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the right-of-way industry
- Ability to build positive client relationships, strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Must have experience effectively managing and motivating direct reports. Must demonstrate strong leadership qualities
- Experience managing budgets, preparing scopes, and developing cost estimates.
- Familiarity with the Uniform Relocation Act and the Eminent Domain Process.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel, and SharePoint or equivalent database
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines, as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively
- Ability to understand applicable laws, policies, and procedures by which each project is governed
- Ability to build, implement, and manage training programs; workload and staffing plans; marketing plans and proposal preparation and business group budgets
- 10 years of project management experience preferred
- A broad-based range of right-of-way experience across diverse markets with an understanding of Uniform and Non-Uniform Act right-of-way procedures
- Proven ability to manage right-of-way projects effectively
- Demonstrated ability to establish, grow, and manage a large right-of-way program and staff working statewide in multiple offices
- Prior experience managing budgets and preparing reports on project financials
- Proven ability of contract development and implementation of capital improvements
- Possess knowledge of Kansas/Missouri clients and business environments related to right-of-way services
- Strong project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.