We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Project Lead will serve as the primary point of contact for cross-functional partners across Operations, Product, and Engineering to drive meaningful tooling, process, and workflow improvements within our Shopper & Fulfillment organization. This person will be responsible for creating and managing feedback loops, distilling opportunities into easily-digestible business cases, communicating progress to various stakeholders, and ensuring tasks are prioritized and completed in an effective and efficient manner
ABOUT THE JOB
- Establish, drive, and continuously improve processes that ensure our teams are operating as effectively as possible.
- Develop cross-functional operational playbooks and manage execution from start to finish.
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for product/process changes, connecting granular tasks to longer-term strategic objectives.
- Create feedback channels that ensure problem areas are well-documented and prioritized accordingly.
- Identify and track success metrics to measure project performance related to product/tooling changes
- Make recommendations rooted in data to support the continuous improvement of internal teams, as well as the Customer, Shopper, and Retailer experience.
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Instacart’s business (e.g., Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Executives and other cross-functional teams)
- Be the voice of our organization during product development and performance tracking
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of operations strategy, product management, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles
- 3+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 3+ years of experience of SQL and advanced querying skills
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Power user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
- Prior experience working in and with Customer Support data is a huge plus
- Experience working at a consumer technology company highly desirable
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.